    Likes Received:
    0
    I accidently deleted the partition on my external hard drive while doing a reinstall of Windows. I had the drive still plugged in and when I was deleted the partition on I though was my hard drive on my computer, I choose to delete the partition on my external. Is there anyone that knows how if possible to restore this lost data?

    atrip25, Dec 6, 2006

  2. atrip25

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I would search for some diagnostic tools online. I have never attempted to do the recovery, but I understand it's possible. You basically have deleted the table contents that keeps track of the file structure. I think that table can be rebuilt with the proper tools. That's about all I can help you with. Let us know what you attempt to do to salvage that external drive partition.

    bigal, Dec 23, 2006