    Alt-Fn-0233 doesn't work.

    Any ideas how I can achieve the same results as on my desktop?

    TIA

    Trent SC, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Trent SC

    Mitch Guest

    Not clear which bumbers you are using here.
    First, try it with the number keys. That would mean no Function key,
    and not the secondary number keypad set. Just the regular number keys
    that have always been at the top.

    Mitch, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Trent SC

    trout Guest

    Do you mean a keyboard combination, only (as opposed to using a
    charmap)?

    trout, Sep 24, 2005
  4. Trent SC

    why? Guest

    That's after doing Fn-Num Lock to turn the numbers on first?
    You mean on the laptop?

    Windows 2000 (if that's what you are using)

    Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Character Map

    or for several versions of Windows

    Start / Run / charmap / OK

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2005
  5. Trent SC

    Trax Guest

    |>I can use lesser-known characters (accents, umlauts etc) on my desktop's
    |>keyboard by using the keypad on the right and typing Alt-0233 for é and so
    |>on, but my laptop has no separate number pad, allowing access using the blue
    |>Fn key, which I think is common for many lappies. However, pressing
    |>Alt-Fn-0233 doesn't work.
    |>
    |>Any ideas how I can achieve the same results as on my desktop?

    You could use PowerPro http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

    After setting it up you could have a menu bar popup when the
    application(s) that need this is run. And press the appropriate
    bar/menu/area to get the character.

    You could even get fancy and make an L or other shapes with your mouse
    (mouse actions) to print characters.

    Or you could google for: keyboard macro

    Trax, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Trent SC

    Trent SC Guest

    I can use lesser-known characters (accents, umlauts etc) on my desktop's
    Ah. Got it, thanks.

    Trent SC, Sep 26, 2005