Accessing specific computer(s) from internet

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Arvi Laanemets, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. Hi

    We have a single-domain Ethernet LAN. Access to internet goes through Linux
    firewall.

    One of our customers does want a couple of computers (production testing)
    to be set up in our net:
    they must have access to some programs in those computers from their
    location (something like VPN - they must have the possibility to move files
    between 2 networks, have remote access to desktop, etc.);
    those computers must have access to internet (IE and some web-based
    mail);
    those computers mustn't see any other computers in our network, and they
    mustn't be visible to any of our workstations (a different address-space and
    the connection to LAN through a router would be best for them);
    those computers have to be in same physical net as other computers;
    on customer side, the solution must not require any specific hardware,
    or any specific firewall settings (p.e. opening specific ports) - i.e it
    must be something very easy to set up.

    What'll be best solution (in general) for this setup?
    Thanks in advance!

    Arvi Laanemets, Aug 23, 2006