Accessing outside address from inside

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by crosby.marks, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. crosby.marks

    crosby.marks Guest

    To start, let me say that I have an older netgear RT314 router and am
    willing to upgrade to a newer devices if necessary.

    I my webservices hosted externally but I have some links pointing back
    to resources in my house (example Web Camera). My problem is that I
    can few these internal links fine from the outside world, but when I
    try to do the same thing from the inside it is essentially unroutable.

    My setup is:

    I have a cable modem. That is connected to the netgear box. The
    netgear box talks to dyndns.org.
    I have my web pages setup through googlepages pointing at times back to
    my netgear box (through the dyndns name) at specific ports to direct it
    to the appropiate machine internally.

    In my house if I visit my webpage and click on the webcam link, i get
    the classic "page cannot be found" message.

    Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

    Thanks.

    crosby.marks, Dec 17, 2006

  2. crosby.marks

    Chris H. Guest

    You might want to check with the support section for the router you're
    using. This newsgroup, as named, supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking
    brand hardware and software only.

    Chris H., Dec 17, 2006