accessing ntlworld webspace from broadband freeserve account?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daz, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Daz

    Daz Guest

    Hi,

    Hope I can explain this correctly.
    I have had a dial-up NTLWorld account for several years now and have a
    website hosted by them.
    I recently bought an Alcatel modem and subscribed to the Freeserve Broadband
    network.
    Now my problem is, that the only way to upload via FTP to my NTLWorld
    webspace is to use my dial-up account with NTL.
    When I try accessing the same webspace via FTP using my Broadband Freeserve
    account I get error message.
    NTLWorld say "we give no support on this".
    So I am turning to all you knowledgeable guys(&gals) for any reason why I
    can't access from my Freeserve account, or better still a work-around!

    Many thanks in advance,

    Daz.

    Daz, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Daz

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Daz said:
    Could be something to do with the fact that you are trying to use your Freeserve
    account to upload to your NTL account.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Daz

    Stace Guest

    Daz,

    You can only connect to the NTL FTP server from an NTL IP address. There is
    no work around. You can still use a modem to dial out to NTL whilst
    connected to Freeserve via broadband - this is what I have to resort to on
    similar ocassions.

    Stace.

    Stace, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Daz