    on the WAN side of the router, to read its status?

    tia
    Alan

    Alan Illeman, Dec 14, 2006

  2. Alan Illeman

    BobC Guest

    Usually something like http://192.168.100.1 in your browser, or look at the
    modem documentation on line. A better and more detailed answer may have
    been possible if you at least provided the make and model of the modem.

    BobC, Dec 14, 2006

  3. Alan Illeman

    BobC Guest

    Sorry about the make and model comment, I was responding to the wrong post.

    BobC, Dec 14, 2006
  4. Alan Illeman

    BobC Guest

    Other Speedtouch routers

    Speedtouch: 510v5, 510v6, 516, 536, 546, 585, 608, 706, 716, 780

    From the web interface try

    http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?ce=1&be=0&l0=1&l1=0

    or

    From the routers IP address which is usually http://192.168.1.254

    Broadband Connection >
    DSL Connection >
    Details.

    Default User Name = Administrator , Password = blank.

    BobC, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Alan Illeman

    Alan Illeman Guest

    Thanks.

    To access the router I use 192.168.0.1 and before the router
    was installed I used 10.0.0.138 to access the modem. Now that
    the router is installed, entering 10.0.0.138 does nothing. It seems
    that I need some kind of http command that encompasses these
    two addresses. I'm a real dummy ;-) in these matters.

    Alan Illeman, Dec 14, 2006
  6. Alan Illeman

    Travis M. Guest

    You need to connect the PC to the modem.

    Travis M., Dec 15, 2006
  7. Alan Illeman

    Alan Illeman Guest

    Well of course that is always an option, but I wanted access without
    having to reroute the cables -- instead, a software solution. Are you
    saying that this is impossible?

    Alan Illeman, Dec 15, 2006
  8. Alan Illeman

    Travis M. Guest

    Yes.

    Travis M., Dec 15, 2006
  9. Alan Illeman

    Alan Illeman Guest

    Thanks Travis, that's good to know, although it is not the answer
    I expected. Is there a reason why this sort of access is denied?

    Alan Illeman, Dec 16, 2006
  10. Alan Illeman

    Travis M. Guest

    Don't know.

    Maybe Dave Lipman will speak up.

    Travis M., Dec 16, 2006
  11. Alan Illeman

    h2so4 Guest

    in the doc of the speedtouch 516 the instruction to access the modem
    configuration is :
    In the address bar, type http://speedtouch.lan or your SpeedTouchT's IP
    address ( 192.168.1.254 by default) and press Enter.

    if this doesn't work, I think you might need to change the default address
    of your router (192.168.0.1) to an address in the same network as your modem
    (192.168.1.253 for instance)

    I didn't try this. I am not sure to understand fully your configuration.

    h2so4, Dec 17, 2006
  12. I hesitate to enter this thread as my comments may not help here as I
    have a different router but , perhaps , the circumsatnces are similar
    enough to add some light.

    My PC connects to the Web through a DSL broadband modem then to a
    Linksys Wireless router .

    Initially I connected the PC just to the DSL modem and thence to the
    Web.

    With this I could access the DSL modem by going to 192.168.1.1 in IE.

    However , when I wanted to include the Router in the setup - (in order
    to establish a wireless LAN with a laptop ) - I had to change a
    setting in the DSL modem to "BRIDGING" before this setup would work.

    After doing that , entering 192.168.1.1 , accessed the router only .

    Admittedly I have not had a need to now access the modem but , I
    presume that the change in the modem's setup to "BRIDGING" means that
    it will not be possible to access it from IE until this setting is
    changed back to the default setting.

    This , of course , may only apply to my DSL modem -( a ZyXEL Prestige
    600 ) - and not necessarily to your equipment.

    B.N.

    admiral_victory, Jan 28, 2007