Accessing modem settings through router

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mo, Nov 29, 2006.

  1. Mo

    Mo Guest

    Hi

    I've been scratching my head over this for some time and am hoping
    someone can help me figure it out.

    I have a D-Link DSL-300T ADSL modem that connects to a Linksys WRT54G
    wireless router. Everything works as it should apart from I can't
    figure out how to access the modem settings. Currently, the only way
    I can get to the modem configuration is by physically disconnecting
    the router and connecting the computer instead.

    Settings are:

    Modem:
    Bridge mode
    DHCP off
    IP Address 192.168.1.1

    Router:
    IP Address 192.168.0.1
    DHCP enabled

    It's not such a big deal but I can't help but feel that I have done
    something wrong. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the IP
    addresses that have been assigned to the modem and router but I'm not
    sure what.

    Is there something I can change that means I can access the modem
    settings by typing 192.168.1.1 into the computer?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Mo

    Mo, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Mo

    Gordon Guest

    set your firewall to allow access to 192.168.1.xxx and then try....

    Gordon, Nov 29, 2006