    I'd appreciate comments fom the wise here on which 'free' newsreaders they
    feel able to recommend for use on my iMac.

    Many thanks.

    ~BD~, Sep 17, 2009

  2. One of the oldest tried-and-true freeware Macintosh usenet readers is
    "MT Newswatcher".

    <http://mt-newswatcher.en.softonic.com/mac>

    HTH,
    John

    John Wunderlich, Sep 18, 2009

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    You are correct "skeeter" yet it was good of "philo" to reply (thanks!)

    My fault really - I should have asked about "Usenet news clients", shouldn't
    I? <wink>

    ~BD~, Sep 18, 2009
  4. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Thank you, John

    It seems 'just the ticket'! I'll give it a try.

    I appreciate your help. :)

    ~BD~, Sep 18, 2009
  5. <slaps forehead>
    you bought an imac? Do you want to be banned from the microsoft newsgroups
    forever???

    What's in a Name?, Sep 19, 2009
  6. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    <whispering> Psst .......... Max!
    I haven't told anyone on the Microsoft groups so they'd never know - would
    they?!!! ;)

    ~BD~, Sep 19, 2009