    access point or do i need a new modem. I'm still a bit confused.

    Thanks very much indeed.

    Andy

    AndyPr, Nov 16, 2004

  2. AndyPr

    Malke Guest

    Here is a link from Linksys which will help you in deciding what to get
    and how to set it up. Of course you don't have to buy Linksys
    equipment; I just think this webpage is laid out very well and makes
    networking much clearer:

    http://www.linksys.com/edu/

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 16, 2004

  3. AndyPr

    AndyPr Guest

    Hi Malke.
    Thanks very much indeed for that link. It suddenly makes everything much
    clearer to me. I appreciate it you taking the time to help me out.

    Andy

    AndyPr, Nov 16, 2004
  4. AndyPr

    Malke Guest

    Great! And *I* appreciate it that you let me know I helped.

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 16, 2004
  5. One other item you will need. Since you are using a USB modem, you can not
    connect it directly to your wireless router. So you will have to run an
    internet sharing program on the computer connected to the modem called a
    proxy. There are many out there, just do a search on the web. I used one
    awhile back called WinGate.

    But if its in your budget and want to make things easier, get a modem that
    supports ethernet connections.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 14, 2005