    Access Denied. What is up? Can someone just give me a simple and clear
    answer as to why I can see but not select any of these folders? If I have to
    turn off the Firewall, then that is an unacceptable optioin.

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Guest

    Clark Guest

    Turning off the firewall is a normal troubleshooting step. If you are
    worried about the interned, remove the connection.

    Do the folders you wish to share have a hand under them in the icon? Have
    you looked at the sharing and securities settings when you right click on
    the folder?

    Are you a user on the other computer?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318030

    Clark

    Clark, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Frank Guest

    Everything Clark said plus:
    once you have your network working and sharing you add the computers to the
    trusted zones on your firewall. If it's XP firewall, their is tons of info
    at microsoft to tell you what to do. It is very easy.
    Good Luck
    Frank L

    Frank, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    One question before I try these things, in my wireless client manager, right
    now I have only my Wireless Gateway Internet connection, should I have an
    additional one for the file sharing from computer to computer? Or are they
    going through the Access Point to each other? I guess I don't really
    understand what is going on here. They are all currently Individual
    computers that access the network through a Residential Gateway, maybe this
    is my problem?

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005