    transfers faster?

    Thanks in advance, Brad

    be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

    Brad, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Brad

    Chet39 Guest

    1. Compress graphics (pictures) (fewer colors, fewer pixels).
    2. Cache text and pictures so the next time you look it is already there
    3. Use various compression techniques on text. For example replace strings
    of repeated characters with a 3 character sequence.

    And don't expect the advertised best case speed-up.

    Chet39, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Brad

    pen Guest

    Here's a review with a short explanation. Depending upon your surfing
    habits
    they may not help a whole lot.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,107372-page,1/article.html

    pen, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Brad

    KC Guest

    They advertise "up to 5x faster". I've played with the 1-5 levels of
    accereration on mine and the "apparent" increase in speed is minimal
    at any setting. Since I'm rural the best connection speed I can get is
    26.4kbs, so that may have something to do with it also. Others may get
    different results.
    KC

    KC, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Brad

    Robert Baer Guest

    The bad thing is, in rural or or other isolated areas, the only way
    to get high speed is satellite, which is expensive as all hell.

    Robert Baer, Mar 27, 2007