Academic versions of Microsoft Exams count the same towards certs?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello!

    I've done quite a bit of surfing on this question on Microsoft and elsewhere
    but no solid answers - maybe you can help? I took Microsoft exam 72-290
    yesterday and passed. It is the "academic insitution version of 70-290".

    I am working on a 2003 MCSE (and plan on going straight into 2007 stuff when
    I'm done there).

    Does the 72-290 count the same as the 70-290? Do I have credit toward my
    MCSE 2003 by having passed this academic version of 70-290? Microsoft's site
    doesn't seem to mention these tests at all - only listing the 70 series exam
    numbers as the requirements towards MCSE.

    Anybody else had this question/know the answer?

    David

    Guest, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Yes it counts the same. The 072 exams are exams that are discounted for
    students at accredited secondary schools and institutions of higher
    learning. The content on the 072 exams is exactly the same as the 070
    exams and they build up to the exact same certifications.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 24, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks!!

    Guest, Jun 25, 2007