    And here I am with X-No-Archive. Maybe I could be rich with all my
    copyrighted wisdom :)
    Oh boy...

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006

  2. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    Well, I dunno about you, but when I have the choice between believing a
    newsgroup full of network, e-mail, and abuse administrators, or some whiner who
    hangs out in the same groups as Magrat used to, I *know* which one I'm* going to
    choose.

    "The many outweighs the one. Or the troll."

    Personally I think you should try to sue me.

    "Or maybe I should sue *you* - I'm pretty sure you knew I wouldn't be able to
    resist this. <bg>

    Mara, May 7, 2006

  3. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    And I tutted that 'reposting' and am now being demonised as a troll for
    daring to suggest that a self-appointed netcop has over-stepped the line
    between legitimate self-expression and malicious provocation.

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  4. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    snip
    You seem to have been active in newsgroups since 1st April last, or about
    five weeks, in which time you have posted five times that Google is aware
    of. Each article being only to slag off someone else.

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  5. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    Don't be too hard on yourself...It's you who were sounding a bit like a
    netcop (self-appointed, of course) but you're now over-reacting,
    expemplified by the terms "demonised" and "malicious". Criticism is arising
    from 1) Your defense of a troll and 2) Your attempt at netkopping in your
    original comments about proper reposting, etc.

    I'll agree with the adjective 'provocative'--"demonizing" and "malicious"
    are an attempt at escalation. And I'll bet that I violated one of your
    personal koppynet rules by quoting the above without permission <snicker>.

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  6. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    Quoting relevant text from the article you are responding to and doing it
    in the same thread, is normal sensible conduct and 'good netiquette' by
    any measure I know. That's quite different from the behaviour I
    decried.

    I chose my adjectives and adverbs with care, to express my opinion with
    precision and clarity.

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  7. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    Notice that Whisker did not come up with his crap until after I exposed
    "Margolotta."

    However, google shows him online after my repost. He had every opportunity to
    say something before I called Magrat out, but didn't.

    And *that* tells everything.

    Given the readily available evidence (and I note that sh/h/it of course has
    nothing to say about *google* saving and showing all posts except binaries thus
    showing hypocrisy) I'd say IMO this is a *definite* case of attempted
    troll-enabling *and* trolling. According to his declarations, it would be
    impossible for google to show archived posts, impossible for spammer's posts to
    be posted in .sightings, and impossible to reply to any crossposted post, since
    part of the original poster's post from another group would have to be included
    to ensure proper netiquette.

    His logic fails completely in that while e-mail is one-to-one communication,
    usenet is not. It *is* against netiquette to repost someone's *e-mail* on
    usenet, although there are exceptions to even this. Usenet is one-to-many
    communication, and will remain so not matter how many times Whiskers stamps his
    little feet and throws a temper tantrum.

    From SB in nanae:

    "One of the important criteria though, when posting to usenet is implied
    license. If we didn't permit implied license, then there would be no
    way we could reply to usenet postings, because we'd be unable to
    reference the information that we're building on."

    Whiskers is dead wrong, and can't admit it. Man, sh/h/it sounds just like
    Magrat.

    But then, it's trolling you now. What do you expect from a troll? Remember the
    link I showed you. :)

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  8. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    When anybody comes up with a troll-defense, my little antennae
    (freight-ordered from the Sirius system) start wiggling. Especially since it
    was close to when I had stumbled across "Margolotta"/"Magrat" (jogging my,
    apparently, faded memory) while I was searching out the Boomer/Al Gedye .sig
    I like.
    Darn it! I had my "get rich quick scheme" already in the works.
    There may be further developements but even I, the more tolerant me, have
    boundaries.

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  9. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    snip
    snip

    Indeed it does. I was responding to what you did in that specific
    article. Learn to /read/ :))

    Now you are getting all agitated about something that exists only in your
    own imagination. I wonder why?

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  10. Tracymidd

    Billy Bong Guest

    You know me, and so does she.
    She's let me down, and you maybe aware of that? But who cares now anyway.
    If we just keep to this thread, the OP was alarmed at online abuse and in
    particular
    threats via email, and asked for advice, for the most part it stayed
    on-topic until
    the provocative and mean contribution of the Oxfordian abuser, her nasty
    post
    side-tracked the topic. She can give it out, so now she can take it too.
    She brought it on herself as she always does, and *you* know it.

    Billy Bong, May 7, 2006
  11. Jimchip wrote:
    (snip)
    What became of Ms B?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, May 7, 2006
  12. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    And we didn't even need to get into technicalities to prove Whiskers wrong, such
    as spooler latency, etc..
    Well, if you went by Whisker's criteria you'd be perfectly safe in posting such
    a scheme, or any spam, because no one would be able to repost it to .sightings.

    Kinda shoots sh/h/it down in flames, doesn't it? :)

    I agree. Whiskers has been proven wrong in so many ways even a complete idiot
    should be able to see it, but sh/he/it continues in denial and trolling, and
    from what I've seen, has just gotten boring, repeating the same sophistry over
    and over.

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  13. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    I'd have to find a new NNTP server since I wouldn't last a millisecond with
    SN but that would be the price of riches :)

    [snip]

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  14. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    I wish her well but I haven't seen her around any of our mutual haunts
    lately.

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  15. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    No, you wouldn't. Andrew has principles. And ethics. :)

    On the subject of your sig:

    http://www.wired.com/news/technology/security/0,70831-0.html?tw=3Drss.index

    See if you can spot the flaws. <g>

    I'm not the only one who is noticing the shills popping up wherever this is
    being discussed, either. I *am* surprised it hasn't happened in 24HSHD that I've
    seen, but it's certainly happened in nanae, and in a lot of blogs. I'm still not
    convinced it wasn't a big publicity stunt.

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  16. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    No-one was forced to respond to anything; choices wer made.

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  17. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    snip

    Now you are taking your flight of fancy well into the realms of fantasy
    :))
    <sigh>

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  18. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    You mean there are people who actually re-post spam to make sure it dosn't
    get missed? The world gets sillier every day.

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  19. Tracymidd

    TJ Guest

    Why don't you two just get a room?

    I'd been following this thread on and off and thought I mighta missed
    something. So I just went back and reread all of "Whiskers'" posts.

    And nowhere did I see him/her bitch/moan/complain about anything other than
    Mara reposting here, an entire message she found in another newsgroup (with
    headers) out of context. And s/he (Whiskers) considered that to be trollish
    behavior. His/her only point was that s/he felt that a link to the original
    post would have been sufficient. That's all Whiskers ever really said. And
    that's called an *opinion*. Whiskers is entitled to one, just as the two of
    you are entitled to your own.

    Where you *both* got all the other shit from, is anybody's guess.

    The only thing that didn't surprise me was Mara accusing Whiskers of
    trolling.

    Mara has quite the inflated ego, and IMO? Actually believes in her heart
    that *everyone* who doesn't *completely* agree with her is either stupid,
    trolling, or just flat-out wrong. Her munged addy is quite telling. I
    mean, who but a pompous egomaniac would even think of, "becauseIsaidso.com"?

    Nothing new there.

    Now *both* of you may insist that I too am trolling, simply because I stated
    my *opinion* on the matter, it doesn't match your own, and I refuse to
    discuss it any further.

    HTH/HAND

    TJ, May 7, 2006
  20. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    Careful, now they'll start to tell each other that you are my sock-puppet,
    or that we're the same person, or something.

    In a sad sort of way it's rather entertaining to see just how far they can
    go building their house of cards with such slight foundations. Sundays
    can be so boring, can't they ;))

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006