  1. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    Of course, I could have had my fingers crossed when I typed that ...

    Whiskers, May 6, 2006

  2. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    The fact is that the OP *came into 24HSHD from another group* claiming abuse
    when the facts did not back up her claims. It was apparent to anyone with any
    clue that she did mean to do that person what harm she could, and wanted
    assistance doing so. From *here,* not from the original group.

    Remember, *she came into 24HSHD.* No one went looking for proof until she made
    the claim of abuse in *this* group, and the facts *do not support* her claim.

    This group is full of newbies who haven't the first clue what they're doing. I
    have watched for many years right here how they can go off on things without
    checking the facts first, and I wanted to make *damned sure* that *everyone* in
    24HSHD who read the OP's claim saw for an actual fact that it was not abuse but
    just an opinion, at least the ones who do read my posts for anything other than
    Yet Another Attempted Troll. Now, it's true enough that "nobby" definitely has
    some problems, IMHO. But the *fact* is that in this case her claim is
    unsupported. If she intends to bring her claim to 24HSHD, then she'd bloody well
    better be able to back it up. It's called "PPOSTFU." Always has been, and always
    will be.

    JHC, some of my best friends say "D'oh" to me. And I to them.

    And then, of course, she ran off. Big surprise there. They always do. If she
    didn't want her own stupidity to be seen in other groups, she shouldn't have
    brought it there, but she did, didn't she?

    She didn't post proof of any kind. I did. It's that simple. What "Whiskers" may
    or may not think, or whether sh/h/it thinks at all, is irrelevant. It simply
    shows a level of complete ignorance about how abuse desks, and how usenet in
    general works. If she had actually sent a complaint to my network about this,
    and I had gone and found this same information, she would have received a
    warning about filing a frivolous complaint and encouraging others to do so, and
    if she did it a second time, she would have lost her account. After all, she
    would not have brought her complaint to a different group than where her
    original complaint existed had she not meant to hide what she was doing from the
    posters there. Therefore, it was deliberate. Abuse, whether overt or covert, is
    still abuse, and in this case *she* was attempting to be the abuser.

    Now, if she *had* produced evidence that supported her complaint, that might
    have changed things. But she did not. None. Instead, she dodged and ran. The
    truth remains the truth, whether "Whiskers" thinks it should remain hidden or
    not. Not everyone clicks on every link in every post. There aren't enough hours
    in the day for that. That's being realistic.
    That's a different poster and different thread, but yes, it was. :)

    Mara, May 6, 2006

  3. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    WHAT?!?

    That can't happen without complete documentation, and you haven't filled out the
    forms, or sent the required jpgs.

    Mara, May 6, 2006
  4. X-No-Archive: YES
    Tracymidd [] has entered into testimony
    pAO6g.3548$
    Using "bad" words is not abuse, it is free speech. Being polite is not
    a mandate on Usenet and not part of any AUP I've ever seen.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, May 6, 2006
  5. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    It's no big deal...Blinky was just coming up to feed when some big boat or
    something almost clipped him. He temporarily lost his connection and the
    rest...

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  6. Tracymidd

    tracymidd Guest

    I didn't run anywhere, I came here to ask for help, I assumed as the
    newsgroup was called 24hrsupport.helpdesk,
    I thought it was an Ntl help group, that's why I came here asking for
    help
    to contacting Ntl, as I couldn't find any help on the Ntl
    website, that was my only mistake.
    The reason I have not posted any of the personal emails here is because
    have been asked not to, due to the seriousness
    of the threats and Ntl are now Investigating it and warned me of any
    repercussions of disclosing any of the Information from them.
    I have not ran away anywhere, I have not caused any problems for
    anyone, The
    only mistake I made was When I was trying to find a
    way to contact Ntl about this was I clicked on a support Newsgroup and
    assumed it was something to do with Ntl.
    and that's the only thing I did wrong here, I was genuinely asking for
    help
    in the wrong place.
    That's why I said in my last message, that I wanted to close the matter

    here.

    tracymidd, May 7, 2006
  7. Tracymidd

    tracymidd Guest

    Bad word's are not abuse, Threat's to harm or injure are.

    tracymidd, May 7, 2006
  8. Tracymidd

    Whiskers Guest

    snip

    You seem to be getting very excited about something I did /not/ say.

    At no point have I said or implied that you were wrong to post your
    opinion of something someone else said, or even your opinion of that
    person. What I criticised was your unnecessary posting in full, with
    headers, what appeared to be (and may well have indeed been) an article
    posted by someone else in a different group, simply in order to hurt that
    person. There was and never is any reason to do that.

    You quoted a 'link' which presumably was to the Google Groups archive of
    that article and its thread. I have no dispute with your having done
    /that/, and said so.

    Quoting an article out of its original context, in a different group,
    without the apparent permission of the original author, and in a manner
    clearly intended to hurt that person, is what I call 'bad form' (at best),
    so I said so - and say again. To me, it smacks of trolling.

    I'll repeat that; quoting an article from a different group, without the
    permission of the author, and in a way that seems meant to hurt that
    person, looks to me like something a troll might do. So I tutted, with a
    frowning emoticon.

    Going off at full throttle lambasting someone for something they did not
    say, is worth a deep frown too. Even if I'm your target.

    Trying to get into an argument about free expression and public places as
    if I were somehow trying to gag you, is just silly. If you can express
    your views about someone's posting, then someone can express their views
    about your posting. Or is this freedom only meant for you?

    Whiskers, May 7, 2006
  9. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    There are lots of troll-handling references. There are no "rules" that come
    close to what nanae has created for spammers...that I'm aware of. Even a
    cheap copy would be good.
    I still think PLONKing °Mike° is a classic...I have to repeat it:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?A1D631D0D
    quote:
    From: Magrat
    Date: Tues, Oct 23 2001 4:26 am
    Email: "Magrat" <>
    Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    You're also in my KILLFILE, phuckwit!

    Sarah

    end quote
    I've been following s/h/it since I got back and there are no real
    claims...only trolling. It is a common technique to act rational, just long
    enough to suck somebody into the abuse.
    Same thread...I was sorta wondering whether it was a morph :)
    17 D 25:[Tracymidd ] │ └─>
    -> D-9999 44:[Margolotta ] │ ├─>
    19 D 32:[Mara ] │ │ └─>

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  10. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 06 May 2006 23:33:19 -0000, Jimchip

    | |<----------10' pole
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  11. I sent in the the bar code from the package. Doesn't that count for
    anything?

    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2006
  12. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    Where in the name of this newsgroup is NTL mentioned?
    You didn't look very hard, did you?

    http://www.ntlworld.com/helpsupport/contactus/index.php

    Took me about .0000003 seconds to find. Not to mention the fact that you're
    using google groups instead of NTL's news server. Hmmm.

    No, it isn't. You attempted to convince people in *this* group that you were
    being abused when in fact it wasn't happening. Actually, *you* started the
    whole thing by claiming abuse where there was none. THAT'S what you did wrong.
    In truth, *you* attempted to perpetrate abuse *yourself* in this manner.

    You have posted no proof whatsoever that you are being abused in e-mail. There
    is only your words. Considering your credibility at this point, which is zero
    since you made a spurious claim, I'm disinclined to believe *anything* you post.
    Then stop trying to deny responsibility. reflect away from, and make excuses
    for *your own* reprehensible behavior, and take this back to where it belongs -
    in the group it started in, and to the hosts of the principals involved.

    This is from NTL's AUP:

    "4. Unacceptable Behaviour

    Nobody may use the Services, either directly or indirectly:

    **** 1. to threaten, harass or cause distress, annoyance or discomfort to any
    other person or entity;****
    2. to intentionally disrupt or adversely affect any other person or entity's
    access to or use of the Internet or any features which form part of the
    Internet;
    3. to transmit or cause to be transmitted any advertising, promotional or
    other materials that are unsolicited (commonly known as "spam");
    4. to transmit or cause to be transmitted mail bombs, chain letters or
    pyramid schemes."

    From "nobby's" AUP:

    "2. Unlawful Activities

    In using any of the Tiscali services, you must abide by the law applicable to
    your part of the UK and not commit or contribute to any offence being carried
    out. ****This includes not: a. publishing, distributing, circulating or
    otherwise propagating any material which may be deemed illegal, abusive,
    offensive, anti-social, racist, distressing, harmful or threatening****
    b. infringing the rights of others including privacy and copyright
    c. intentionally causing a reduction in performance or functionality of any
    computer or network facilities."

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  13. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    What! ? One needs permission?...Sheesh!
    Sheesh, again.
    "They did not say"? "lambasting someone"?... If you get any more vague...

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006
  14. Tracymidd

    Billy Bong Guest

    But that *specific* poster (not the OP) of whom a cut/paste of a thread
    from another group of which you deem "bad form" - "magrat", would
    not have been mentioned if she herself had not invaded the thread
    with her usual unhelpful, pompous, arrogant comments.
    RE-read the thread and get it in context, the Oxford fool brought it on
    herself, as she always does.
    The OP only asked of how to complain about online abuse, but the fat
    Oxford mac maniac decided she'd add abuse and correct grammer.

    Billy Bong, May 7, 2006
  15. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    [crossposting deleted; we (tinw)now have trollsign]

    Hypocrite. You claimed abuse *before* there was any - there weren't even any
    "bad words," as such.

    "You belong in auk, that's for sure. Now, bugger off."

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  16. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 07 May 2006 00:08:21 -0000, Jimchip

    I found this a long time ago. I think it's a must-read.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1822321D

    Note where the lamer crossposted to. A sure sign.
    Oh yes. "Margolotta" doesn't seem to have changed a bit, either.

    Pity, that.

    If you're talking about either "tracymidd" <> *and/or*
    Margolotta, yes, I agree. The sad part is that they had/have help.

    Tracymidd: NNTP-Posting-Host: 86.30.29.119 PTR record says:

    client-86-30-29-119.nott.adsl.ntlworld.com
    Margolotta "claims" to be posting from space.net, at:

    % Information related to '193.149.32.0/19AS5539'

    route: 193.149.32.0/19
    descr: DE-SPACE-193-149-32
    descr: SpaceNET AG, Munich
    origin: AS5539
    notify: ***@space.net
    mnt-by: SPACENET-N
    changed: ****@space.net 19960529
    changed: ****@space.net 20000920
    changed: ****@space.net 20020212
    source: RIPE

    http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=193.149.44.136&server=

    It's within the realm of minute possibility that they could be the same person,
    but, given the intelligence both have shown, I don't believe either smart
    enough.

    "No matter. They both show trollish behavior - *that's* certainly the same."

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  17. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    Just for the $984,942,749,036.99 NZ rebate.

    "That's about .02 US."

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  18. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    On a public-accessible system available world-wide, no less. Now sh/h/it sounds
    just like Lamie. He used to post in nanae with this as his sig:

    "For newsgroups and email this message is the property of the sender.
    NO portion of this message may be copied or reposted without my
    written consent. The message may not be altered in any way with
    out written permission. Copyright © 2003 by Jamie"

    Here's a small sample of what he got in return in there:
    Note: Neither of those came from me.

    You might find this old thread interesting:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J4E22321D

    Heh. ;)

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  19. Tracymidd

    Mara Guest

    To be fair, it wasn't Magrat that did that. I did. Magrat did the grammar
    corrections, and I called her on it, but I reposted the original post.

    <snip>

    Mara, May 7, 2006
  20. Tracymidd

    Jimchip Guest

    I did a quick run through the thread...I missed the x-posting. I do remember
    all the "...egin 666 cderror7401.LOG
    M5# Q,# Z($DO3R!E<G)O<B H,#8O0S4O,# I("[email protected])I=&[email protected])R;W(@+2!B
    M=69F97(@=6YD97)[email protected];V-C=7)R96" crapola from "BSN" (Before SuperNews).

    Jimchip, May 7, 2006