  1. Ramon F Herrera

    hardly Guest

    or is this a hoax?

    hardly, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    John Nelson Guest

    I believe that someone is having you on.

    The only way to "unlock" a PAP2 is to connect it to a network where you
    control the DNS service, and trick the adapter into downloading a hacked
    version of the configuration file, and then upgrading the firmware so it
    doesn't keep trying to "phone home" for the locked-in configuration when
    you place it on the live network.

    No, I do NOT know how to do this, so please don't ask. If you want an
    unlocked PAP2, buy a Sipura 2000. It is functionally identical to the
    Linksys and isn't locked into Vonage, or whoever.

    John Nelson, Jul 20, 2005

  3. or just buy a PAP2 from a retailer.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Ramon F Herrera

    /dev/null/ Guest

    You mean PAP2-NA right? :)

    /dev/null/, Jul 21, 2005
  5. Ramon F Herrera

    John Nelson Guest

    We assume you mena the unlocked PAP2-NA model...

    Nope. Not from a reputable retailer, anyway. Under the Linksys terms,
    the PAP2-NA can NOT be sold at retail, as is. It must be sold configured
    to, and in conjunction with, the seller's VOIP service.

    John Nelson, Jul 26, 2005
  6. Ramon F Herrera

    Martin² Guest

    Martin², Jul 27, 2005
  7. Ramon F Herrera

    John Nelson Guest

    Ahem....

    "Model : PAP2-UK"

    ....not "PAP2-NA". I suspect that the UK model is simply an NA with the
    appropriate impedance and other values set for the UK phone system.

    So pardon my U.S.-centric gaffe. Obviously, Linksys's reseller
    agreements are different in the U.K.

    John Nelson, Jul 27, 2005