    Could you guide me which certification I can do with my skill set.

    Regards
    Srinivas

    Guest, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Srinivas:
    You really need to get some experience using .Net first.
    If you just want a certification in C++ without the .Net, try
    www.brainbench.com.

    Here's what I would recommend:
    1. Download Visual C++ .Net Express edition. (It's free)
    2. Go through each item in the "Skills being measured" section of the 70-526
    and 70-536 Preparation Guide and get familiar with each object and topic.
    Write some code, look over the online-help, and of course, utilize
    msdn2.microsoft.com as much as possible.

    You should try to develop programs using items that are new to Visual Studio
    2005, since the exams emphasize these, but you are at a disadvantage not
    having used any .Net before.

    Spend at least an hour on each item in the skills being measured. Spend
    enough time so that you can no longer say "I don't have experience in .Net.".

    The MCSD certification itself is only for C# and VB.NET. If you want to take
    only C++ exams, it will have to be the MCTS and MCPD:Windows (526, 536, and
    548).
    Remember, however, that the certification exams are more of a test of the
    ..Net concepts than they are of the language itself. The tests assume you
    already know one of the languages.

    I would recommend against C++ .Net -- it's the "ugly step-sister" of
    Microsoft Learning. All the MOCs deal with C# and VB only (at least the one's
    I've looked at or taught have been that way). You might want to consider C#
    -- I found it a lot easier (and I have 12+ years experience in C++).

    Get .Net experience first, then start thinking about taking the exams.

    Guest, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your reply

    Regards
    Srinivas

    Guest, Jul 6, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Srinivas,
    My name is RaviKiran, i have been working in IT industry
    since 3 years, i am also working into VC++ & MFC, even i 2 wated to do .Net
    certification. I understand that i need to learn c# to get certification, now
    i am actually doing that process. If you have already started the process
    Could you plz guide me better way & approach to make process smoother and
    easier.
    you can contact me at my mail id :

    Thanks & Regards,
    Ravi Kiran