    the painting restoration?. Or maybe a website?
    Thanks a lot.

    Fernando

    Septima, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Septima

    Guest

    Might be useful to search under 'forensic science' as it is a
    well-used technique in document examination, paintwork etc.

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:17:21 +0100, "Septima" <> wrote:

    >May any recommend a book for infrared photography applied to the study of
    >the painting restoration?. Or maybe a website?
    >Thanks a lot.
    >
    >Fernando

    , Dec 11, 2003

  3. Septima

    7 Guest

    Thank you very much for your help.

    7, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Septima

    Matt Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:17:21 +0100, "Septima" <> wrote:

    >May any recommend a book for infrared photography applied to the study of
    >the painting restoration?. Or maybe a website?
    >Thanks a lot.
    >
    >Fernando

    I don't know about IR, but UV photography has been used to reveal
    underpaintings (for oil paintings). As I recall they used film that
    was hyper-sensitized to UV by use of a citric acid bath. Both Nikon
    and Hassleblad provide (on a very limited basis) the specialized
    quartz lenses used for this type of photography.

    Matt, Dec 11, 2003