    abandoned? My high school site has some personal info on it that I
    would like removed but email from the administrator gets returned.

    thanks

    Lookout, Apr 11, 2005

  2. Lookout

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: abandoned web site
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Do a whois search to find the owner.

    Contact the Administrative Contact, and Technical Contact by email and
    telephone.

    You can also contact the host master if you get no reply.

    Email me with the URL and I can help you get the contact info.

    G. Morgan, Apr 11, 2005

  3. Lookout

    Guest Guest

    We can't tell you until you tell us (what is the URL to that site).

    Guest, Apr 11, 2005
  4. Who cant? OP: do a whois on the domain name.

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Lookout

    Guest Guest

    Well, you feel free to do a lookup and provide that information without
    a URL. If they knew how to do a WhoIs lookup, they wouldn't be here
    asking how to get contact info.

    Guest, Apr 11, 2005
  6. OP can do that quite nicely when I (and even you! <g>) don't have the
    URL, now that he knows about whois. If he doesn't, now he knows what to
    Google.
    It's *because* they didn't know about whois that I told them about it.
    Now they do. Why not teach them to fish?

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2005
  7. Lookout

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Re: abandoned web site
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Ha HA -- I told him about whois a full 34 minutes before you- nanny nanny boo
    boo.... ;-))

    G. Morgan, Apr 11, 2005
  8. Lookout <> spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>

    http://www.geektools.com/whois.php

    Put in the url there, and you should find a contact. Hopefully it, too,
    isn't a bad e-mail addy...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Apr 11, 2005
  9. Yeah, but I used a nicer font. ;)