AAA login banner and Cisco VPN client problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by lombardi, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. lombardi

    lombardi Guest

    Hello group,

    We are having a problem getting the AAA authentication banner to
    appear when a Cisco VPN client remotely connects. The Radius server
    is a windows 2000 IAS server. The router is a 2621 with VPN bundle.
    The aaa authentication works fine. The problem is when a user uses the
    cisco vpn client to vpn into the cisco 2621 router the aaa
    authentication banner "example" does not appear. Can you do this
    with my setup and configuration or am I missing something. I can
    change the username-prompt and password-promt messages and that works
    fine. What we are looking for is a way for an "unathorized user"
    banner to appear when a vpn client connects and authenticates against
    the IAS server.

    Thanks,

    Joe

    lombardi, Dec 18, 2003

  2. lombardi

    Jason Kau Guest

    Are you sure IOS can send a banner to the Cisco VPN client? I thought
    only the VPN Concentrators could...

    Jason Kau, Dec 18, 2003

  3. lombardi

    Joe Sallmann Guest

    I'm not entirely sure. I find it odd that you can change the username
    and password prompt for the client but not create a banner. How do
    you warn against unauthorized use if you can't create a banner. The
    only thing I found remotely close to what I want to do is the AAA
    authentication banner. Thanks for the response

    Joe Sallmann, Dec 19, 2003
  4. lombardi

    Jason Kau Guest

    As far as I know, you can't send a banner to VPN clients with the PIX and
    so I assume you can't with IOS either...

    Jason Kau, Dec 20, 2003