    also in "replay" mode (as stated in manual). Can you use this camera with a
    non-onboard PCI USB card? Any ideas/suggestions.advice?

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Cory Lechner

    Thor Guest

    what version of windows? If it's Win95, don't waste your time. The USB
    support was minimal at best.

    Additionally, on such old slow computers, I've seen huge problems with USB
    devices not working well. I believe it's just that the machine is often too
    slow to properly run the USB interface with certain devices. A system with a
    430TX chipset is pretty slow. 233Mhz at best.

    Thor, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Cory Lechner

    Cory Lechner Guest

    He is running Windows 98 SE.... Pentium 233 Mhz...

    Cory Lechner, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Onboard USB, add-in USB. Doesn't matter-as long as the add-in card is
    properly installed & functional. (As far as that goes the qualification
    could apply to the onboard too-but you hardly ever find onboard
    components that aren't properly installed, physically anyhow.)

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Cory Lechner

    Trent© Guest

    Shouldn't be a problem. Does the manual say anything about what
    version of USB?
    Did you go into a photo program and try to acquire the device?

    Did you go into My Computer to see if it got installed as a hard
    drive?

    Here's more...

    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q263/2/18.ASP&NoWebContent=1

    Watch the wrap.

    Also, you should have a diagnostic program on the computer called
    usbready.exe. Run it. If you don't have it...get it. Its a free
    download.

    Good luck.

    Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

    Trent

    Trent©, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Cory Lechner

    Trent© Guest

    One more thing...

    Make sure you change the drive letter designation in Windows for any
    cd drives you might have.

    Change the cdrom to R...the writer to W. This will prevent any
    possible drive letter conflict when the camera is connected.

    Trent©, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Cory Lechner

    JK Guest

    Have you tried using other USB devices? I suggest that you borrow
    a USB mouse or other USB peripheral from a friend and try it on
    the system. With Windows 98 SE, USB should work fine. I had
    a problem on my pc downloading images directly from my camera
    (not an A60) and bought a card reader which works fine. If your
    USB ports work with other peripherals, you might want to buy
    a card reader to download images. Make sure to get one for
    Compact Flash. It will probably be under $20.

    JK, Dec 20, 2003