    Paul Guest

    Is there a way to set Windows wireless to ignore the other wireless
    signals bombarding me, and just connect to my wireless router ?

    Paul, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Paul

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Paul spewed forth:
    Ummm...foil hat?

    Toolman Tim, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Paul

    Plato Guest

    I'm not clear on what you need. Perhaps this?

    http://www.otosoftware.com/wireless.asp

    Plato, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Paul

    philo Guest

    philo, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Set up some protection (at least WEP) on your routers config page and also
    for the clients, and you will only attract the occasional wardriver.

    Walter Mautner, Dec 15, 2005
  6. Diractional Faraday Cage?.

    Dave the exTrailer, Dec 15, 2005
  7. Paul

    Mitch Guest

    Your network settings choose which wireless signals to use, and then
    yes, everything else is ignored.
    You may work hard to find a way to actually defeat the other signals
    from even being found, but there would be no advantage to that.

    Is that all you meant? You were assuming that just because they were
    there, that they somehow affected your system?
    You know, TV and radio and cell phone signals are out there too.

    Mitch, Dec 15, 2005
  8. Paul

    Book End Guest

    So are all those signals that those SETI researchers send, & so are all
    those signals that they receive back from them that the government don't
    want us to know about.

    Book End, Dec 15, 2005
  9. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Whats happening is when I boot up there are so many other signals from
    neighbors, It will connect to one of there networks with limited
    connectivity.

    Paul, Dec 15, 2005
  10. Paul

    Mitch Guest

    You aren't supposed to mention those here.
    Refer to page 12 of The Book.

    Mitch, Dec 15, 2005
  11. Paul

    Mitch Guest

    Then you merely need to inform your OS which one is the one you use.
    Once set, the others will have no effect.

    Go to wherever you set network settings, you should find a place to
    choose one of the networks.

    Mitch, Dec 15, 2005