    complete. We'll see if it keeps on or if it too magically reaches 100%
    while I'm not looking. Seriously, I've never noticed this before. Does
    this happen to anyone else?

    Jim, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Jim

    trout Guest

    Well, we could have a robust chat about Heisenberg's Uncertainty
    Principle; but I'd actually just like to ask you to use a different
    number, as I've been using "2" for some time now in this
    newsgroup. You might do a newsgroup search to see which ones are in use.

    trout, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    taken. I'll make the necessary adjustments. Thanks for letting me
    know.

    Jim, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Jim

    trout Guest

    Thanks.

    trout, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Jim

    philo Guest

    when i first got into computers maybe 4 years ago...
    my girlfriend gave me her old p-1 that had win95 with IE2 on it...
    not knowing anything...a friend of mine told me to download IE5...
    which must have been about a 3 hour download...
    but he told me i had to stay there and watch it in case anything went wrong
    (not that i would have been able to do anything about it anyway)
    so like a dummy i sat there and watched it for the whole 3 hours...
    and thought i was really taking a chance when i took a brief lavatory break.

    well fortunately the downoad worked fine...
    but that 3 hours sure seemed like forever!!!!

    the most i ever downloaded on my modem connection was 100 megs

    i tried for three nights in a row and finally got it all on the 3rd try

    and *no* i did not sit there and watch it<g>

    philo, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Jim

    Kenny Guest

    I downloaded a 250MB karaoke file on a 56K dialup connection. Took me days
    and when I finally got it discovered it was in French!!

    Kenny, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Jim

    Petit Alexi Guest

    If you're using IE try moving the mouse around in the IE window when you're
    download. This assigns a higher priority to IE and makes the downloads a
    bit faster.

    Also, I notice you're using an ancient version of Outlook Express. Have
    you got it patched up? Do you use anti-virus software?

    Petit Alexi, Oct 2, 2003