    in the same area. I also note a large round spot doing the same. Any
    suggestions as to what could cause this?
    Thanks!

    Terri, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Terri

    Helge Olsen Guest

    Hopefully dirt on the outside lens. If you are unlucky it's dirt in the lens
    or on the sensor. Or maybe a (electronic) problem with the sensor.

    /Helge

    Helge Olsen, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Most likely a bad pixel. How old is the camera, still under warrantee?

    I doubt if it is dust. Normally that would be dark and if on or in the
    lens, just would not show up.
    It is on every photo? Exactly the same spot? Flash indoor photos and
    outdoor photos? I am thinking this might be lens flare.

    Joseph Meehan, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Terri

    Marli Guest

    It will be a hot pixel. Dirt on the lens does not show up. Dirt on the
    sensor will only show up at very small apertures.

    Marli, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Terri

    spodosaurus Guest

    View them on your computer, or view them with the camera's LCD?

    spodosaurus, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Terri

    Bob Flint Guest

    this sounds like a hot pixel... bad sensor...
    this depends... if it is around the pixel, it is related to it. It could be a
    sort of JPEG encoding defect caused by the impossibly bright single spot.

    Or it could be a dust bunny on the sensor light filter, needs professional
    cleaning.

    I had a D70 with a couple of 'gray' spots.

    Bob Flint, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Terri

    Eddy Vortex Guest

    Eddy Vortex, Jun 7, 2004