    Some technicians analyzed my PC but nobody understands anything.
    Will I have to replace the PC or my card of capture video?
    thanks Fogar

    Fogar, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Fogar

    leslie Guest

    Fogar () wrote:
    : Hi,
    : some days ago a sudden change of electricity has ruined my HD and I
    : has had to purchase a new HD.
    : When I add the programs for the editing video, I notice the sofware
    : for editing doesn't work correctly anymore.
    : That sudden change of electricity could also have ruined my card of
    : capture video?

    Yes, it's possible.

    : Yet when I go on "Device Driver" it is everything ok.
    : The drivers are ok. It seems impossible a damage because it works with
    : 12 volts, at least I believe. Will the motherboard be ruined?

    If the operating system boots up, the motherboard is probably okay.

    : Some technicians analyzed my PC but nobody understands anything.
    : Will I have to replace the PC or my card of capture video?
    : thanks Fogar

    It's hard to say without more information.

    Anyone dealing with PC hardware needs to have a good hardware diagnostic
    program. I purchased the Troubleshooter from ForeFront in Clearwater,
    Florida, www.techcourses.com.

    A UPS would be a wise investment, costing less than a new hard drive.

    --Jerry Leslie (my opinions are strictly my own)
    Note: is invalid for email

    leslie, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Fogar

    BigUn Guest

    I bet if you ask this question in a more appropriate NG, you'll get exactly
    the answers you need.

    BigUn, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Fogar

    Chet Guest

    Why don't you suggest what that "more appropriate" newsgroup might be? I
    thought the question was very appropriate to this one.

    Chet, Jun 27, 2003
  5. Not even close. a.c.c is *about* computer consulting, not a free consulting
    service. You need to find a PC hardware group.

    Carey Gregory, Jun 28, 2003
  6. Fogar

    Chet Guest

    Perhaps you didn't notice that he also posted to alt.computer which is the
    one where I read it. Get a life.

    Chet, Jun 28, 2003
  7. I noticed. a.c.c still isn't the right place to ask, and it's no big deal
    to tell him that. Get over it.

    Carey Gregory, Jun 28, 2003
  8. http://cdn.compuserve.com/gallery/i/b/bell/lg1.jpg, Jun 29, 2003