a rare book on composition for sale: Michael Freeman's "Image"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Vadim, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Vadim

    Vadim Guest

    For sale:

    Michael Freeman "The Image"
    Collins photography workshop series
    ISBN 0-00-412248-8
    Published in 1988, Hardcover
    price: $50 incl. shipping in the US
    payment: PayPal prefered

    The book is in excellent condition, but the dustcover has some wear.
    This is the UK edition, in the US the book is known as "Image:
    Designing effective pictures" (Amphoto workshop series), two books are
    identical.

    This is, probably, one of the best books on the photographic
    composition ever written (see, for example, this
    http://www.varp.net/photos/ ). It's out off print and can be very
    expensive if you check second-hand booksellers (the price range is
    $90-$250).

    Among the topics covered in this book:
    Dynamics of the frame, Balance, Dividing the frame, Black-and-white,
    Colour theory, Timing, Appropriate lens, Dynamic tension, Using focus
    and exposure to direct attention, Visual styles, ...

    I'm selling it only because I have two copies. I desperately wanted to
    get it and ordered the book in several places (in the UK over the
    internet). I ended up with two copies, received them only a few days
    ago.

    Contact me if interested or need more details.

    Vadim, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Vadim

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Although I'd normally castigate you for posting a FS ad here, where FS
    ads are not allowed, I make an exception in this case.

    This is quite simply the BEST photo composition book I've ever seen,
    and made a HUGE difference in the quality of my photos. No matter what
    your skill level, this book can help you make better photos.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Vadim

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Vadim

    Vadim Guest

    I'm sorry for breaking the rules. I was not aware that FS posts are
    not allowed here. I can promise it won't happen again.

    Vadim, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Vadim

    Vadim Guest

    1. if you mean abebooks.com, then right now there are two copies
    available $100 for paperback and $245 for hardcover.
    2. in anycase, don't worry, the book is sold.

    Vadim, Nov 17, 2003