a question about RRAS

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Aug 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello friends!
    i've a question about RRAS, @ first i want to explain the senario and then
    i'll ask my question...

    Here is a LAN , and i have a internet access from a PPPoE connection, i want
    to share this internet access to client computer by VPN , but i can't :(

    - on a win2003 standard edition i have 2 network adapters
    one of them for LAN and the other one for connecting to the ADSL modem
    - from RRAS console i make this server as a VPN server
    - and i can connect from clients to this server by using vpn connection
    - but clients do not have internet access after connecting to the vpn
    server, i don't want to share internet by NAT.

    How can i configure the vpn server so clients have internet access after
    connecting to the vpn server?

    thanks
    A.Emami

    Guest, Aug 20, 2006

  2. Guest

    Kurt Guest

    Post the output of "ipconfig /all" and "route print" fromm both the VPN
    server and a connected client.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ya pretty much had me up to this point. If I remember correctly, in order to
    get two NICs to talk (which is what you've pretty much described up to this
    point), you need NAT to get them to talk.

    Guest, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    you dont need NAT, just enable IP routing

    Check in the Properties
    1- Enable IP Routing,
    2- IP Address Static or Dymantic

    Try to resolve DNS names by using nslookup
    3- DNS

    Guest, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Did you see what OTHMAN () graced us
    with in ?<<
    Before the guy gets too confused, he needs to do a little research on his own.

    I suggest spending a little time reading:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/rras/default.mspx

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 21, 2006