A Question About Notebooks

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pete Holland Jr., Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Hey, everybody!

    It appears that I need to buy a new notebook computer. My
    Thinkpad 760EL is about to bite the dust. A shame, too. It
    truly is a workhorse.

    I don't really need an absolute top-of-the-line machine. I
    have my tower for that. I just want something that I can
    take on the road, do my word processing, and play some
    games. I'm shopping for one that runs Win98 or better,
    since that increases my odds of finding a CD drive that will
    play burned discs (the drives for the 760 are very fickle).
    I've found places online selling older model 'puters that
    are a huge step up from what I've got, but I want to make
    sure of something.

    Here's my question--what makes the backlights and lithium
    ion batteries deteriorate, is it use or time? If it's use,
    then places selling old 'puters that are still new in the
    box are a good option. If it's time, I should find
    something relatively recent.

    Dobre utka,
    Pete Holland Jr.

    Pete Holland Jr., Jan 22, 2004

  2. Pete Holland Jr.

    Sultan Guest

    Pete Holland Jr. wrote in
    Use. Ashton Digital is a good inexpensive brand of laptop, more bang for
    your buck.

    Sultan, Jan 23, 2004