A puzzle to puzzle you

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by sk, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. sk

    sk Guest

    Hi,
    previously I posted about my problem twice in other groups but havent
    got any significant solution till yet.However, I am representing the
    problem in a different manner after carefully analysing it.
    The confusion is between "Building DMI Pool..." and "Verifying DMI
    Pool Data..".Note that whenever it shows "Building.." , windows will
    boot but will not go beyong the progress bar (In safe mode, beyond
    mup.sys) and in case it shows "Verifying.." there is absolutely no
    problem.
    1. It was used to verify until recently it started building at ever
    boot.No, I didnt install any new hardware.
    2. If I use my mobo on my frds' comp , it verifies...windows xp
    starts...and says "Found a new hardware--USB Controller".Installs
    driver and then on subsequent boots it keeps building.
    3. If I use my frds' mobo on my computer it verifies everytime I
    restart.Then I would replace the mobo and Now I am using my own mobo
    on my computer.Surprisingly it Verifies.On restart it verifies but
    after some reboots it starts building.
    Any idea what's happening?

    sk, Jul 17, 2004

  2. sk

    Geoff Guest

    it's a motherboard thing i think
    try updating the bios
    or reset bios to defaults before you try that
    could be time to RMA ??

    Geoff, Jul 17, 2004