  1. Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    OK. We'll make that #3 <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Not An Expert Like You

    S.A. Guest

    Sorry about the killfile thing; my mistake. I'm not necessarily interested
    in 'contributing' and what the hell is "candy-kisses and gumdrops"? I
    still say that I dont bitch and grumble but I would much rather do that than
    be any part of a candy-kiss and gumdrop event. Still wrong about telling
    other people how to post.
    Since you seem to have a driving need to be right, you can be right. But
    remember your own "You *are* what you write."

    Saard Arss

    S.A., Oct 22, 2003

  3. Not An Expert Like You

    Mara Guest

    Are you surprised?
    You can peel off layers of onion down to the root - but all you'll have is
    onion.

    "And you're quite correct - you are what you post - and an onion post isn't
    going to taste like chocolate no matter how the poster tries to backpedal."

    Mara, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Not An Expert Like You

    Mara Guest

    I forgot to mention that in that 18 months I also had to take a month off
    because of foot surgery. <g> That didn't turn out too well, and will probably
    have to be redone.

    I'm used to heat - temps in the summer here routinely pass the 100 mark, and
    often above 105F. Winters, with wind chill, can be -20 to -30. My arthritis
    doesn't handle the cold well. Loves the heat, though I don't particularly.
    There are limits. I've spent the last 20 years in pain, and like anything else,
    you become accustomed to it after awhile, and sometimes, most times, don't
    notice it. Certainly it hasn't slowed me up any, for the most part. But then
    there are bad days. And times like this, with the extra burden. It makes
    life...difficult.

    Mara, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Not An Expert Like You

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Oct 22, 2003
  6. S.A. Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <Qzllb.63271$>:

    <snip>

    OK. All I need to know. Goodbye. <Plonk>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 22, 2003
  7. Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    The 100 degree temp was mine. It was snowing outside, and I had the
    flu. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 22, 2003
  8. Not An Expert Like You

    ziggy Guest

    Hope you are feeling better today? Chin up......

    ziggy

    ziggy, Oct 22, 2003
  9. It was on Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:15:01 -0400, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Thund3rstruck made this utterance:
    Yup, that says it all. He just wants to whine & bitch.
    The Sad Ass nym suits him.

    "Move along folks, nothing to see here."

    William Poaster, Oct 22, 2003
  10. Not An Expert Like You

    Mara Guest

    Flu? Agh. That sucks bowling balls through a straw.

    Mara, Oct 22, 2003
  11. Not An Expert Like You

    S.A. Guest

    Mara: That was a brilliant analogy (the onion one). I'm going to give it a
    try. Now I'm kind of new at the metaphor, analogy, euphamism thing so be
    patient with me. I will supply the representation in brackets.

    If an elephant (Mara) had no legs (brains) it would roll down the hill
    (life) and destroy small trees (children) and accomplish nothing but
    creating loud grunts and have the mental capability of a bar maid.

    Thanks for your inspiration,

    saaaaaaaaaaaaadassssssssssss!

    S.A., Oct 22, 2003
  12. Not An Expert Like You

    Bri. Guest

    S.A. typed...
    [snip]
    [snip]

    IT'S NOT EVEN 9:30 YET

    Bri., Oct 22, 2003
  13. ziggy Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    I better be. That was 4 years ago. <G>

    Thanks tho.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 25, 2003
  14. Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    Yep. That was 4 years ago, and I remember it like yesterday.

    Got on a plane in Philly to fly to Louisville. By the time we got
    half way there, I think the whole plane was sick... <G>

    But, I digress. My job's interesting at times. Right now, a civil
    war is going on, and I'm going to do my best to let both sides kill
    one another. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 25, 2003
  15. It was on Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:19:37 -0400, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Thund3rstruck made this utterance:
    Then walk in & pick up the bits after, eh? <g>

    William Poaster, Oct 25, 2003
  16. Not An Expert Like You

    Mara Guest

    Had my first bout in 23 years with it last winter. Put me out for a week. My doc
    said that the reason it hit me so hard was _because_ I hadn't had it in so long.
    Gah.

    I've been off work since Tuesday morning. I won't be able to go back until at
    least next Tuesday, and then I might have to drop everything at leave at a
    phone-call's notice. Curiously, going _off_ the antibiotic seemed to help - the
    side-effects were pretty bad. But codeine, while it helps the pain, gives me the
    shakes, crashes my sense of balance, affects my eyesight which is bad enough
    already, and bleeds all my energy away.

    "The cure is as bad as the disease."
    Civil war?

    None of that here. I regularly refer to my boss as "shithead." Since he refers

    Mara, Oct 25, 2003
  17. William Poaster Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    Maybe. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 25, 2003
  18. Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    Ewww. I know those suck, from personal experience.
    People quit caring about the customer, and started playing games. 6
    months ago, I predicted this, and warned the admin types. Now two
    department heads are mad that I was right, and trying to blame me for
    the whole mess while others are trying to clean things up.
    Lol. sounds familiar. When I'm stressed, I show up here and play

    Lol. Good stories all....

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Oct 25, 2003
  19. Not An Expert Like You

    Mara Guest

    Ah. Blamestorming. I hope you can prove that you weren't at fault.
    "Cruelty to the clueless on usenet is my way of relieving stress." -Bill Cole
    Yes. :)

    Mara, Oct 25, 2003
  20. Not An Expert Like You

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Thund3rstruck said:
    Don't you find it funny, that most of the people lauging at other peoples
    failings in the pages in the above link, all need to take spelling lessons?

    Ralph Mann, Oct 25, 2003