    joevan Guest

  2. joevan

    richard Guest

    richard, Nov 14, 2010

  3. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Nov 14, 2010
  4. joevan

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    Old Gringo38, Nov 14, 2010
  5. joevan

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E, Nov 14, 2010
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    I guess you got that right.

    joevan, Nov 14, 2010
  7. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    That's a pretty close call. I've seen tornadoes and hail storms
    where some of the stones were softball sized. The tornado that
    touched down less than a mile from my home knocked down five
    trees in my yard alone, but no homes on the block received any
    damage. The hail storm ruined hundreds of roofs in three
    counties. The hail caused more damage which was spread out.
    Unfortunately, the tornadoes were much more intense and more
    frequent.

    In either case, you don't want to be outside.

    Mike "not living in Georgia anymore" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 14, 2010
  8. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    I was thinking more along the lines of a home being sucked out of its
    foundation then splintered in to a zillion pieces by a tornado that could
    be associated with the kind of updrafts required to produce that sized
    hail, over merely losing a roof and some trees.

    Meat Plow, Nov 14, 2010
  9. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Hail and tornadoes don't always go hand in hand. A strong
    tornado will do what it wants from dropping a car into ongoing
    traffic, to blowing five trees away from your house in the front
    and the back. Granted, I wasn't actually hit by the tornado, but
    watching rain rise up and enter through the bottom of the window
    was enough fun.

    Unless the tornado is really bad, building a house to code should
    keep you safe. Too bad that wasn't always done.

    Mike "softball sized hail and not much wind" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 14, 2010
  10. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    I'm a storm spotter for the local Skywarn network. http://www.skywarn.org/
    Been to the required training each year for the past 15. I'm one of the
    backbone liaisons for our district and communicate directly to W8CLE the
    NWS on 6 meters. I have access to real time Doppler RADAR. This past
    season for potentially destructive weather in our district was a fairly
    uneventful one. Bottom line is I'm well trained in the mechanisms that
    lead to the development of severe weather and destructive sheer and
    cyclonic winds.

    Meat Plow, Nov 15, 2010
  11. Yeah... you probably just looked all that up on the internet...
    or prove it. Why don't you just stop the next tornado and
    save everybody the big mess?

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

    Repent! The end is near! Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em...
    an-nnnn-dh... *good* "luck" - if there's an apocalypse.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010
  12. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Why would he do that. Your last post made sense, now this one does
    not. What happened, did you just get lucky that once?

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010
  14. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    Please have your vengeful insults make a little sense once in a while.

    Meat Plow, Nov 15, 2010
  15. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Unless you're trying to say I should have seen hail each time a
    tornado passed within two miles of my house, or I should have
    seen a tornado during the hail storm that ruined a new roof (and
    I *don't* think that's your point) what point are you trying to
    make?

    Mike "I'm well trained in several areas as well" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 15, 2010
  16. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    Point is no need to teach me why a hail storm doesn't necessarily produce
    a tornado.

    Meat Plow, Nov 15, 2010
  17. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    In my inflated view of the worth of my posts I was under the
    impression that there were at least five others that occasionally
    read my them.

    Mike "silly me" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 15, 2010
  18. Yes; likewise, I was under the impressionables that this was the
    usernets for all the peeples. It appears this "Meat Plow" moniker
    has claimed them as his private chat-room for his s0ck-p00pelettas
    and GF's, like his favorite seester-freend and BFF, someone named
    "Sunh-Trad" or something, if previous whining retorts are to be
    believed... Therefore, bearing that in mind, with all the due
    considerations of the premises...

    <Poo-oo-oo-oot!>

    Ahh, much better now.

    HTH.

    (If a hail storm did produce a tornado, it would be
    one hail of a tornado! I didn't even take tornados
    or hail in the colleges, and *I* know that, so don't
    anyone goto trying to teach me otherwise.)

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'Cadillac of AWESOMENESS METERS',

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010
  19. joevan

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Okay, in the way of explanation. I mentioned hail and tornadoes
    being separate *in my experience* because they have been treated
    as closely related phenomena in this thread. You replied,
    apropos of nothing, with your credentials. This could have been
    seen as an attempt to trump other poster's statements, but I
    didn't think so. I asked for a clarification and your reply made
    it easy to infer that you thought I was trying to instruct you in
    your area of expertise. My reply indicated that I don't think
    you're the only one who read my post and it wasn't directed
    solely at you.

    I don't see how I can spell it out any clearer. Nor do I think
    your posts were belligerent, but it would have taken only a minor
    tilt of the head to obtain that perspective.

    Usenet is not a one to one communication medium, so any posts are
    addressed to everyone in the room with the occasional centering
    on specific participants.

    Mike "we're all sitting in the same parlor" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 15, 2010
  20. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    Well that explains the misunderstanding on my part. I don't think it was
    wrong of me to expect you to concentrate on the dialog between you and I.
    People do this all the time and it's not an indication that I consider
    a news group to be my own little chat room.

    Meat Plow, Nov 16, 2010