    Lionel Guest

    All it takes is one quick combination and the guy goes down. Screw all
    this kung fu crap.

    Lionel, Mar 24, 2005

  2. I bet those rec.photo.digital animals are gonna rip this guy a new one.

    Pie
    (posted only to RSB)

    Robert Phillips, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Lionel

    Sheldon Guest

    We used to argue this in Karate class all the time. Given both guys are
    about the same size, I'd go with the martial artist. Punching is allowed in
    Karate, and many boxers use the same techniques martial artists use to
    increase power. Problem is most boxers aren't expecting a foot up side the
    head. :) In most cases it could be a tough call.

    Sheldon, Mar 24, 2005
  4. The boxer thinks the fight is over when he goes home. Typical lowbrow
    deduction.

    mitchell_leary, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Lionel

    the Bede Guest

    yes. the martial artist will follow the boxer home and murder him in his
    sleep, ninja-style.

    the Bede, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Lionel

    Pete D Guest

    In the clinch he never expects the knee in the groin. And it's always so
    funny when it happens to someone else.

    Pete D, Mar 24, 2005
  7. Lionel

    Ray Guest

    What makes you think the boxer cannot knee you in the groin? See, this
    is the thing about some people. They always say about eyejab,
    groinshot, bites, etc. What they seem to always conveniently forget is
    that the boxing/BJJ/muay thai guy can do the same to them.

    If you can't even nail a boxer's face with that big boxing glove, what
    makes you think you can nail his eyes with your *fingers*? And I bet
    the boxer has a better chance of eye-jabbing _you_ first.

    Ray, Mar 24, 2005
  8. Lionel

    SPORTfighter Guest

    True dat.
    But boxers suck at other things...grappling...weapons...
    math...

    Gi

    SPORTfighter, Mar 24, 2005
  9. Lionel

    Ray Guest

    Unless if the boxer's name's Rodney

    Ray, Mar 24, 2005
  10. I agree with the troll.

    Fraser

    Fraser Johnston, Mar 24, 2005
  11. Lionel

    GregoryD Guest

    Punching is "allowed?" Dude, the first time you try to throw a high kick
    against a boxer, make sure you have your medical alert bracelet on and/or
    check the organ donation box on your driver's license. You're asking to
    get murdered. The average boxer would put the average black belt in the
    ER without much of a problem. There's a world of difference between
    practicing and doing the deed.

    GregoryD

    GregoryD, Mar 24, 2005
  12. Lionel

    YoJimbo Guest

    Some of you guys are really on a roll here...
    Don't worry, you can always troll us on RMA, we're suckers for any kind of
    argument about boxing.

    But think about this: do *you* guys really want to be associated with a
    sport that produced guys that look like Leon Spinks?

    I mean, think about it...
    JS

    YoJimbo, Mar 24, 2005
  13. Lionel

    drsmith666 Guest

    thEN HOW COME NOBODY COULD TAKE TANK ABBOTT DOWN WITH A "KICK TO THE
    HEAD" IN UFC 2?? THEY SHOWED "CLIPS" OF ALL THESE ASSHOLES IN ACTION
    BEFORE THE FIGHT DOING FLIPS, KICKS, AND SUBMISSIONS THAT LOOKED PRETTY
    IMPRESSIVE, BUT TANK TOOK THEM ALL OUT WITH STRIKES. PURE STRIKES.
    HELL, THAT ONE DUDE THAT WAS "290 LBS OF PURE MUSCLE" THEY HAD TO STOP
    THE FIGHT BECAUSE HE COULDN'T DEFEND HIMSELF AGAIN'ST TANK.

    drsmith666, Mar 24, 2005
  14. Muscle doesn't wobble when you walk.

    Fraser

    Fraser Johnston, Mar 24, 2005
  15. Lionel

    fuce2 Guest

    Yeah. All the fancy flips and stuff sure looks good.... But when you
    get pumped in the face, what's it gonna help? I remember the UFC series
    yeah...i laughed my rocks off. Especially when i saw that American
    Ninja dude, and this Ettish guy get scarred 4 life.

    Wether it was this Gracie guy or a boxer or Severn(wrestler) or that
    Muay Thai guy(smith?), the guys that won it or reached the finals were
    guys that did simple stuff. No back flips or roundhouse Hollywood shit.

    fuce2, Mar 24, 2005
  16. Lionel

    Scary Guest

    Have you guys been living under a rock for the past 15 years?

    Did someone teleport you out of the 70's !!!!

    Scary.

    Scary, Mar 24, 2005
  17. Lionel

    fuce2 Guest

    Well, the latest UFC and Pride are still giving the same results as the
    old ones....

    fuce2, Mar 24, 2005
  18. Lionel

    Chris Tsao Guest

    Bareknuckle boxers used to kick. Their kicks were low. I sent away for
    a videotape that covers boxing's dirty tricks. If there are any rare
    moves that hardly anyone knows, I'll post them in here. Maybe my tapes
    won't ever come? I sent away for them on the 7th. The eBayer only has
    23 stars; maybe she doesn't plan on sending me my goods? I read an
    article online a few weeks ago that said that they held contests
    between boxers and kung fu fighters a hundred something years ago and
    the kung fu fighters won most of them. The matches lasted a long time.
    One went the distance. I read an article in a boxing magazine in 1984
    or '85 that mentioned that too and that the boxers won some of the
    matches, but they didn't say who won the most.

    Chris Tsao, Mar 24, 2005
  19. Lionel

    Scary Guest

    All it takes is one quick combination and the guy goes down. Screw
    all

    agree with the troll.

    Fraser

    Yeah Troll rules Kung Fu drools!!

    Scary.

    Scary, Mar 24, 2005
  20. I have never seen a kung fu dude knock out a boxer.

    George Kinzer, Mar 24, 2005