    http://www.pbase.com/image/28363673/original

    That pic was from last year, but I'll be taking some more of Natalie in just a
    few hours. Stay tuned.

    Annika1980, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    g n p Guest

    So you are saying that you beleive you have 6.3 Mp R along with 6.3 G along
    with 6.3 B ???????
    Since they are not co-sited, what's the **effective** resolution???
    ________________
    G. Paleologopoulos

    g n p, Apr 27, 2004

  3. The original poster is apparently able to capture nice pictures, but he
    is unfortunately using the wrong tool - it is technically a typical bad
    Bayer image and comes nowhere near the clarity of a true-color Foveon
    image.
    Having said that, the original poster is obviously part of a considerable
    crowd of people which suffer from a serious disease of their visual
    system: the Foveal Dysfunction! Foveon was named after the part in
    the human retina which perceives the sharpest vision - the Fovea.
    Foveal Dysfunction is a malfunction in this part which prevents people
    from seeing the faults of mosaic (Bayer) image capture and the benefits
    of Foveon full-color image capture.
    It is therefore useless to argument with such people about this
    phenomenon - they simply can't recognize it.
    A Hint for George Preddy: Your attempts to convince people about
    bad Bayer and favorable Foveon image capture are useless - you are
    wasting your time.

    Regards
    Guido

    Guido Vollbeding, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    gsum Guest

    So you and George are correct and the rest of the world is wrong.
    Sounds unlikely to me.

    Graham

    gsum, Apr 27, 2004
  5. If I may enter the fray...
    Effective resolution of digital bayer image is virtually unlimited. I've
    seen billboard images printed from 10D files. I myself frequently have 5 to
    8 foot wide prints made from 10D files. The process is called interpolation
    and has effective resolution way in excess of it's actual resolution. The
    limits of interpolation have yet to be reached.

    Foveron images (I have a SD9 and a 10D) cannot reach the sizes obtained from
    Bayer images because of the multiplication of imperfections in the image not
    able to be seen in 8x magnification and smaller prints but very noticable in
    60x magnification prints.

    Incidently... I hope those future award winning photos of the Olympics are
    not taken with a Sigma... Nah. Too many white lenses around the press rooms
    for that eh? Now why do you suppose that is?

    Douglas

    Douglas MacDonald, Apr 27, 2004
  6. I particularly like her green-cheese-colored skin. The noise level is
    outrageously high--every time I see what a 10D user thinks is good, I
    cringe--do you seriously think that could ever be mistaken for film??

    George Preddy, Apr 27, 2004
  7. Exactly. The snap-to-grid effect due to the lack of an antialiasing filter
    means that edges are in the wrong place by up to 1/2 a pixel width. With
    bayer, features are placed far more accurately on the grid.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Apr 27, 2004

  8. Canon EOS D60 .... learn to read.

    Ronnie McKinley, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    gsum Guest

    You need to set up your monitor correctly...
    ....and wipe the dust off it.

    Graham

    gsum, Apr 27, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    jean Guest

    I would like to know, which camera did you get first and why did you get the
    "other one" ?

    Nice to see someone not talking trough his hat.

    Jean

    jean, Apr 27, 2004
  11. I particularly like her green-cheese-colored skin. The noise level is
    Again, you're full of shit.

    Randall Ainsworth, Apr 27, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    mark_digital Guest

    Hey Georgie .... here's a little sample of what a Sigma CAN'T do.
    That's 6.3 REAL HONEST Megapixels, baby!

    http://www.pbase.com/image/28363673/original

    That pic was from last year, but I'll be taking some more of Natalie in
    just a
    few hours. Stay tuned.
    --------
    Seriously, it's a very good image. The slight green overcast is typical
    and necessary because she is indeed outdoors surrounded by vegetation.
    Had I just finished cropping and adjusting my own images instead of
    finishing them up yesterday I probably wouldn't be able to "switch gears"
    enough to view your image in it's own right.
    mark_

    mark_digital, Apr 27, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    Thanks for the info, George - err, Guido!

    George Kerby, Apr 27, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    Nuff said. You are mking an absolute fool of yourself Geroge!!!

    George Kerby, Apr 27, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (George Preddy) stated
    that:
    Hey George, when are you planning on showing us an image *you've* taken
    that could be mistaken for a photograph?

    Lionel, Apr 27, 2004
  16. Annika1980

    PTRAVEL Guest

    At last, we know the problem! George has a bad monitor (and far too much
    time on his hands -- now he's making up sock-puppets so that he can carry on
    a "dialogue.")

    PTRAVEL, Apr 27, 2004
  17. You have encountered a few problems here, pixel arguments aside. Lest my
    eyes deceive me, that picture has rather nice "bokeh". Clearly, anyone
    forced into using Sigma lenses will be unfamiliar with the concept.

    Also, this appears to be sports photography- a field which, given
    professional application would require a camera body and series of lenses of
    sufficient quality to survive knocks, is also alien to Sigma convicts.

    Martin Francis, Apr 27, 2004
  18. Annika1980

    Larry Guest

    He also needs to calibrate his monitor (or his brain)...

    That is one SERIOUSLY good picture.

    Larry, Apr 27, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    Larry Guest

    Martin:

    I must say I agree with you

    I sit here not familiar with the young lady in the photograph, because I dont
    follow her sport, but I can tell you something about her now.

    She is:

    1.Attractive
    2.determined
    3.comfortable with her body
    4.strong
    5.probably is very witty (there is a "touch" of a smile in that gritty look)

    I know these things from taking a good look at that photo.

    That is what photography is all about (for me).

    That one picture tells me a thousand things more than the color of her skin,
    or the shape of her nose. That picture tells me about a champion or a soon to
    be champion putting her ALL into that stroke.

    Never cared for golf... but now I care about a Golfer.. Go figure.. from just
    one picture, captured by someone (BD)whom I will from now on consider to at
    the very least a GOOD photographer.

    Oh yeah, almost forgot... about that greenish tinge...you would think George
    could figure this out..

    She is obviously playing (or practicing) GOLF!
    Surrounded by greenery, standing on greenery, and most likely lit by sunlight
    filtered through and reflected off of greenery... Go figure why there is
    green in the picture..

    Larry, Apr 27, 2004
  20. Annika1980

    Steve Moody Guest