A fun game to play with George Preddy

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lionel, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. It takes 3.4 M samples.

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Fun game eh?
    SD9/SD10 have 3.4M

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Then they are equally dishonest.

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Canond 10D = 6Mp

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  5. 10.3M RGB samples.

    A lowly 6M RGB samples for Bayer, with 25% discarded.

    George Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Not for you.

    George Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Oh I know, the whole world is lying, only you, alone, know the truth.

    George Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  8. I don't understand what you are trying to convey. Anyway, I'll answer my own
    question, because waiting for an intelligent answer from GP wiil take
    forever.
    The answer is that ALL discrete sampling systems, in particular those with a
    uniform sampling pitch, but especially those with a small fill factor, will
    aliase spatial frequencies above the Nyquist limit. How severe the aliasing
    manifests itself depends on the modulation above the Nyquist frequency.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 21, 2004
  9. No. 3.4M RGB samples.
    No. 6M luminance samples. RGB is interpolated. Nothing is discarded.

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  10. I'm having fun.

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  11. No. Lots of people know the truth. That Foveon = 3.4MP

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  12. I think it is clear you know you are wrong, and are simply spamming the
    group:

    By Betty. Killed.

    George Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  13. Good strategy. Means I can have the last word.

    Foveon = 3.4MP
    Canon = 6MP

    Braindead Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  14. The evasive maneuver shows you are clueless and unable to give an
    intelligent answer.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 21, 2004
  15. I don't own www.x3f.info, Carver Mead does.

    It is his answer, that you say is pure BS.

    George Preddy, Jan 21, 2004
  16. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    It's not even that complicated. A monochrome pixel is still a pixel, no
    matter what Georgie-boy thinks. The term 'pixel' derives from "picture
    element", which is any discrete, 2 dimensional point on a digital
    imaging system. (For three dimensions, the correct term is a 'voxel',
    short for "volume element".) Colour information is merely a bonus in a
    pixel, it isn't required to meet the definition.

    <reaches over to the reference bookshelf>

    From the canonical reference work on digital images, (first published in
    1990); Foley & van Dam's "Computer Graphics - Principles & Practice"
    (Addison Wesley, ISBN 0-201-12110-7), Page 1:
    "A /bitmap/ is a ones & zeros representation of the rectangular array of
    points (/pixels/ or /pels/, short for "picture elements") on the
    screen."

    Note the complete lack of any requirement for colour information, & the
    fact that the definition only includes discrete points on a 2 dimension
    grid. There is no place for any of this witch-doctor garbage about
    stacked colour sensors counting as 'pixels', or other such idiotic
    evasions of the truth.

    Lionel, Jan 21, 2004
  17. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    Is an imaginary concept. There is no such thing as a 'thrid spectrum'.

    Lionel, Jan 21, 2004
  18. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    That is a straight out lie.

    Lionel, Jan 21, 2004
  19. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    You're wrong, Preddy.

    Canon 10D = 6.3MP, SD9 = 3.4MP.
    You can spew as many lies as you like, but nobody will ever believe you.

    PS: I dare you to kill-file me too. I bet you don't have the balls to do
    it, because you know that I'll continue to debunk your lies, & it'll
    bother the hell out of you to know that I'm laughing at your idiotic
    claims from behind your back.

    Lionel, Jan 21, 2004
  20. No they don't. 3CCD video cameras do not claim to have 3 times the
    resolution of Bayer cameras with the same pixel count per sensor.

    Can you point to just one example where a 3CCD camera of any kind claims
    to have a pixel count that is 3X the one-sensor photosite count?

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 21, 2004