    getting into the habit of it being carried all the time.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 12, 2007

  2. dj_nme wrote:
    []
    Why I said "purse", not handbag.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 12, 2007

  3. SelfImporantName

    ASAAR Guest

    Feel free. You're welcome to it and it's only fair, as several of
    them have killfiled me (or so they say) for ID'ing them. :)

    Oops, I'm not sure that I can really say 'several of them'. It's
    either only one, or they belong to the same Borg hive.

    ASAAR, Jul 12, 2007
  4. SelfImporantName

    Allen Guest

    Most of them were already in mine, except for Brimley; and I wonder if
    he makes giabetes commercials, just like Wilford makes ones for diabetes?
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 12, 2007
  5. SelfImporantName

    Allen Guest

    dj_nme wrote:
    Some that I've seen would hold a 4X5 Graflex, along with a few film
    holders, exposure meter and flashgun.
    Allen

    Allen, Jul 12, 2007
  6. SelfImporantName

    JoeBS Guest

    Looks like a pack of useless hens with nothing better to do and no information
    that's valuable to anyone. Though they're really just the rec.photo.digital's
    pack of resident trolls. They only make posts about why they whine and cry and
    bitch for whatever attention they can get from anyone and everyone. The purest
    definition of online TROLLS.

    Yes, I'm talking about ASSAAR, and dj_nme, et.al.

    JoeBS, Jul 12, 2007
  7. And most of those should stick to their tiny sensor P&S cameras.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jul 12, 2007
  8. SelfImporantName

    Allen Guest

    JoeBS wrote:
    Thank you, JoeBS, for one more to add to my KF--you.

    Allen

    Allen, Jul 12, 2007
  9. SelfImporantName

    John Sheehy Guest

    No, but you can get all of the flash power on the sensor with a P&S,
    instead of wasting it on the shutter curtains with HSS on a DSLR.

    Does it really hurt that much to admit that DSLRs aren't the best at
    everything?

    John Sheehy, Jul 12, 2007
  10. SelfImporantName

    ASAAR Guest

    Wow, that's one impressive whine, trollboy. But never fear, even
    before the whine really got started, you had earned your way onto
    the list. Now wipe away those tears and blow your nose, and slink
    off into the distance and join your sock puppet siblings. :)

    Yet another ersatz krelboyne is added to the newly revised

    **** CHDK / Photoline 32 / anti-DSLR Sock Puppet Troll List ****

    ASAAR, Jul 12, 2007
  11. SelfImporantName

    Scott W Guest

    And why should they use P&S cameras? I shoot mostly in a
    photojournalist kind of way, and for that a DSLR is far better then a
    P&S camera. In fact if all you are after is artistic photos why not use
    a P&S?

    Scott

    Scott W, Jul 12, 2007
  12. SelfImporantName

    Bill Funk Guest

    If they did, who would pay the R&D costs for the better cameras?
    Much better to simply let people buy what they want, rather than
    attempting to limit them to some arbitrary level of goods.

    Al Gore's son was pulled over by police on the
    San Diego Freeway Tuesday with marijuana, Valium,
    Xanax and Vicodin on him. The kid never had a
    chance. He got hooked on downers at an early
    age listening to his father read him bedtime
    stories.

    Bill Funk, Jul 12, 2007
  13. SelfImporantName

    Bill Funk Guest

    I think this has been said a lot in this thread.

    Bill Funk, Jul 12, 2007
  14. The most basic DSLR systems are designed for people who want a DSLR at
    a cheap price. That's why some of them come with a rather cheap zoom
    lens whose features are to be found more on the shop packaging than in
    the photographs it takes. It's not surprising that many high-end P&S
    cameras are both more versatile and take much better photographs than
    the cheap end of the DSLR range. There are mechanical and optical
    difficulties with the basic DSLR concept that mean that you have to
    pay quite a bit more money to exceed the performance of a similarly
    specified P&S. What you buy with a DSLR is the headroom to get into
    regions of much higher quality and versatility -- if you spend the
    money.

    Chris Malcolm, Jul 13, 2007
  15. SelfImporantName

    dj_nme Guest

    <snip>

    You seem to have made a false assumption about what I've written.
    I wrote that a DSLR camera systems are more versatile, even the most basic.
    Not a particular "camera with lens" kit.
    A DSLR system is composed of all the bodies, lenses, flashguns and other
    accessories which are made to fit and work together.
    A good example is Sigma, they make a fairly basic DSLR system.
    They only make one model of DSLR camera (available at any time, so far),
    but have a reasonable range of lenses and flashguns.
    Canon and Nikon by contrast have very extensive systems, with many
    different DSLR bodies, lenses, flashguns and accessories.

    dj_nme, Jul 13, 2007