    I'm running XP SP2 (this occurred under SP1 though)

    TIA
    Pete

    PC, Nov 17, 2004

  2. PC

    Kenny Guest

    Clearing your recent documents list may help.

    Kenny, Nov 17, 2004

  3. PC

    Lisa Guest

    Also..
    What version of office are you running?
    Clear out anything in the startup folder related to MS Office.

    Lisa, Nov 17, 2004
  4. When have you asked if you were running xp sp2?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "You should be apologizing for an awful lack of originality: I asked
    you what web site you were getting these from. Now I know." --
    Dr.Postman

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 17, 2004
  5. PC

    PC Guest

    Thanks for that, but it doesn't help...

    I know that there are a whole host of mundane reasons for floppy drives
    kicking-in, but this one comes and goes with the controller card and I don't
    ever suffer this when the card is disabled/removed.

    Thanks again,
    Pete

    PC, Nov 17, 2004
  6. PC

    Lisa Guest

    I'm not real sure what relevance your question has. My inquiries about
    Office relate to "find fast". The worst add-in to office ever in my
    opinion.

    Lisa, Nov 18, 2004