    flash, is there any way to remove it and make the flash space larger?

    Thanks.
    Andrew.

    Andrew Hodgson, Feb 4, 2006

  2. Andrew,

    Downloading LD (Limited Deployment) images is OK. It's the status Cisco
    assigns to newest software they publish. "GD" (General Deployment) software
    usualy way down from the current (for example, current LD image for 837 is
    12.4(5a), and GD images for 837 are not available at all). Here is a link
    with a description of different "deployment" status:

    http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/library/iosplanner/reldesignation.html

    Different "editions" of IOS define a functionality included in your
    software. For example, if you do not need 3DES VPN, then you need a standard
    software. Same thing with a routing protocols, protocols, hardware included,
    etc. Another example - "standard" image may include IP only routing with
    RIP, EIGRP, and OSPF only, when "plus" or "adwanced" image may include IPX,
    AppleTalk, BGP, and ISIS.

    When you choose an image, first you should look at the hardware
    requirements: flash and memory. Image may just not fit into your router or
    have not enough memory to run.

    "webflash:" is just a different "partition" in your router's memory. New
    software releases separate areas where dofferent parts of the software
    resides.

    Good luck,

    Michael
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

    CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Is there a way of getting rid of webflash:? I don't need it as I am
    not using the old Cisco web configurator. I would ultimately like to
    install the full SDM in there so I can see what I am doing with
    specific commands I am entering, with this Webflash: gone I have more
    space in the flash and can manage it with 9 mb used for the IOS, but
    not with the webflash: partition. This partition is empty. I have
    tried squeeze webflash: and even erased the flash totally when
    updating the IOS.

    Thanks for letting me know there were no general releases for the 837;
    that explains why I couldn't download any!

    Andrew.

    Andrew Hodgson, Feb 4, 2006
  4. Andrew Hodgson

    Merv Guest

    try:

    erase webflash

    squeeze flash

    Merv, Feb 5, 2006
  5. Still there after doing this.

    I also updated the IOS image and tried erase flash also.

    Andrew.

    Andrew Hodgson, Feb 6, 2006