    simple but it beats me - can anyone help??

    thanks

    Robert

    Guest, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thankyou very much for the links, I am aware of file and printer sharing and
    have set those up but I did suspect that it could well have been a firewall
    setting which was causing the problem.

    I will read the info you provided very carefully and try again, I hope you
    don't mind me geting back if this fails!!!

    Thanks again.

    Robert

    Guest, Mar 3, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hello again

    I think I am almost there --- I need to 'tell' my firewall to allow the
    computers on my network.... I think that's right - is it?

    Can you tell me how i find the IP address of each of my machines so that i
    can add them to my firewalls's exceptions box?

    thanks again

    Robert

    Guest, Mar 3, 2006
  5. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 4, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 4, 2006