    often on the spot. It's almost a bit creepy? - But there you go!

    Last question - you aren't using too much cooler paste, by any chance?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 26, 2007

  2. Well, I have spent all my adult life, nearly, being a troubleshooter of one
    sort or another. It's a mind set as much as a discipline, and involves being
    able to focus on what's important and what is just noise. But yes, it's mobo
    or cpu, or the two together. Given the overall likelihood of failure or
    issue, I'd ALWAYS opt for the mobo first. Think about it. There are how many
    parts, how many solder connections (no matter how automated the soldering,
    it's still solder!), and how many traces? Apply too much pressure during the
    installation of any part, and you create a tiny hairline crack in a trace or
    break a solder connection. Not enough for an absolute failure, but enough
    that when everything warms up and it expands, even just a little, the gap
    gets bigger.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 27, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well you're pretty much on the mark I'd say.

    I swapped out the 64bit cpu with a P4 3GHz 32bit CPU I had lying around,
    stuck on Vista 32bit, and it's working fine. So it's the CPU or the
    CPU&Motherboard combination!

    Guest, Oct 27, 2007