    it down and restart it. Other news groups are OK. This might have
    something to do with the fact that I just installed the Mozilla
    Calendar. Suggestions?

    William W. Plummer, Sep 30, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    Moz Champion Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > rec.aviation.ifr and many other news groups used to work just fine. But
    > now if I read a message on that group, Mozilla goes into a loop. Task
    > Manager says it's using 100%, memory use is OK. I have to shoot it
    > down and restart it. Other news groups are OK. This might have
    > something to do with the fact that I just installed the Mozilla
    > Calendar. Suggestions?

    Depends.

    Certains aspects of a message can cause CPU usage to spike, but it
    usually returns to normal with time. It may be a javascript or other
    aspect of the message that invokes the behaviour.

    As a check, view a selection of the posts in the following group
    snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.test.multimedia

    do they exhibit the same behaviour? And if so, which ones in particuler?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Oct 1, 2004

  3. William W. Plummer wrote:

    > rec.aviation.ifr and many other news groups used to work just fine. But
    > now if I read a message on that group, Mozilla goes into a loop. Task
    > Manager says it's using 100%, memory use is OK. I have to shoot it
    > down and restart it. Other news groups are OK. This might have
    > something to do with the fact that I just installed the Mozilla
    > Calendar. Suggestions?

    Try accessing the group via Google Groups:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.aviation.ifr

    Andreas

    Panjandrum -- http://www.bartleby.com/61/47/P0044700.html

    To contact me remove the NOSPAM

    Andreas, The Grande Panjandrum, Oct 1, 2004