    correct. I'm not looking for sites where people just upload the questions
    and give what they think is the correct answer.

    thx

    \a:\\\, Jan 31, 2004

  2. \a:\\\

    Slammer Guest

    The best dump is in your toilet....Cheater!!!!!!!

    Slammer, Jan 31, 2004

  3. \a:\\\

    RussS Guest

    Shit - what a freakin loser!

    RussS, Feb 1, 2004
  4. \a:\\\

    D V. Brown Guest

    I'm not the moral advocate of exam taking practices myself, but you do
    realize that someday you will have to face the "technical interview". No
    amount of dumping will get you past that.

    D V. Brown, Feb 1, 2004
  5. \a:\\\

    \a:\\\ Guest

    I'm not the moral advocate of exam taking practices myself, but you do
    I knew I would get flamed for this, but I do appreciate your approach to
    this thread. Actually, there is no technical interview that I will face.
    I've got a job I've been doing for 10 years now and it's recommended we have
    this piece of paper to stick on the wall. That's all it is.

    \a:\\\, Feb 1, 2004
  6. \a:\\\

    James Guest

    come on guys - each to his own - I have been studying, working with PC's for
    over 7 years - but still will read a brain dump before the exam - simply to
    refresh my memory in one go - Obviously if this is all you have ever used -
    then you do have some problems..

    IMHO
    James
    http://www.kimberleydawn.co.uk

    James, Feb 1, 2004
  7. \a:\\\

    Slammer Guest

    James, your a loser if you need a brain dump to pass A+.

    Slammer, Feb 1, 2004
  8. \a:\\\

    James Guest

    So it has no use? - I have yet to actually read one but I thought it was
    simply a list of points to remeber - am I wrong?

    James, Feb 1, 2004
  9. \a:\\\

    Slammer Guest

    They are actual test questions stolen from people memorizing actual exam
    questions while testing...it violates your agreement with Comptia on
    disclosure.....plain and simple it's cheating.

    Slammer, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Show me an A+ student who says he/she hasn't looked at *any* braindumps, or
    similar, and I'll show you a liar.....or a fool.

    Either you're paying for this out of your own pocket or your employer is
    paying for it - either way, you don't want to fail.

    Some of the questions I had on my exam on Friday were on "legitimate"
    practice exams, like the ones on the CD that comes with Mike Myers book.
    Does this mean buying Mikes book is cheating too?

    Does anybody *really* believe that there are people passing these exams
    without studying? Just looking at braindumps? No way.

    Do the people who are so quick to accuse others of cheating skip NG posts
    that talk about what's on the exam? I doubt it.

    JM

    Jonathan Miles, Feb 1, 2004
  11. \a:\\\

    \a:\\\ Guest

    entry level stuff and they include practice test software. I can usually
    Anyone can read a book cover to cover in a few days, but retention would be
    low. I'll be using test-king to supplement my study.

    \a:\\\, Feb 1, 2004
  12. \a:\\\

    Slammer Guest

    You will make someone a great employee until you really have to use that
    thing between your ears....find a new job if you need testking to pass
    A+!!!!!!!

    Slammer, Feb 1, 2004
  13. \a:\\\

    RussS Guest

    Ummm - and when you fail because the answers are wrong I will piss myself
    laughing .....

    RussS, Feb 1, 2004
  14. \a:\\\

    James Guest

    ah - I see. hmm! I would find that a very dangerous thing to do as the
    likelyhood of comptia changing things around would cause the brain dump user
    to miss-remember - I will stay away from them now..

    cheers
    James Jenkins

    James, Feb 1, 2004
  15. I would say look at them to get an idea about questions. Don't look at them
    to get an idea about answers.

    JM

    Jonathan Miles, Feb 2, 2004
  16. \a:\\\

    Bret Guest

    Pretty stupid calling people you know nothing about liars and/or
    fools.
    For the record I have an A+ and didn't look at any brain dumps, I
    studied and learned the material and passed on the first try.

    Bret, Feb 2, 2004
  17. Pretty stupid calling people you know nothing about liars and/or
    Pretty foolish calling people you know nothing about stupid.......oh never
    mind.

    You're right, I was a bit harsh, but I stand by my point. The thing that
    made me respond so harshly was seeing others being even harsher :

    quote/ "Shit, what a freaking loser!" /quote

    I think our fundamental argument is the same - I *totally* agree that
    cheating sucks, but I'm not really bothered if people cheat -karma will get
    them in the end, when they end up looking foolish in front of their new
    boss/colleagues.

    What I'm saying is that if someone wants to look at a braindump, that
    doesn't necessarily mean they're a cheat. Often it means they're inquisitive
    individuals who know that they want to give themselves the best possible
    chance to pass their exams.

    I used several free online resources which are considered "ok" which are
    nothing more than braindumps presented differently. And what's Transcender
    if it's not "Braindump In A Can"?

    Like I said in another post, braindumps are a good resource to see what sort
    of questions you MIGHT get. But don't rely on the answers any more than you
    would rely on any other dodgy website. Take them for what they are, nothing
    more, nothing less.

    JM

    Jonathan Miles, Feb 2, 2004
  18. I totally agree with you Jonathan and so do other authorities such as
    authors of Exam Cram.

    Kristopher Francisco, Feb 2, 2004
  19. Once again, I agree with Jonathan Miles. Personally, I would never start off
    with a brain dump. But after the book and my first dump (TRANSCENDER), I use
    other resources. I never study a question and I never study answers. I
    suggest using a braindump to see what concepts you don't understand. Its all
    about the material behind the questions. Unfortunately no book ever covers
    all the topics needed for an exam. Brain dumps such as Transcender can let
    you know whats more likely to be on the test.

    Kristopher Francisco, Feb 2, 2004

    Bret Guest

    Well, you did start it :)
    You have to question the morality of someone who agrees not to
    disclose the questions doing a brain dump straight after the test.
    Agreed Jonathan, well said.

    Bret, Feb 2, 2004