    I downloaded and tried to install a driver. I received a messaged that said,
    "Start Service: This driver has been blocked from loading."

    What do I need to do so that I can install/load this driver?

    Guest, Feb 28, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I tried again to load this driver and this message said, "Another instance of
    this application has been detected. There is no point in starting a second
    one."

    That is the strangest message I've ever received. Does anyone know what
    could be going on?

    Guest, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    Which driver is it? And is this XP x64 or Vista x64?

    Jane C, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Jane, it's XP X64. The driver is for my BenQ. It isn't showing up in My
    Computer so the solutions that I came up with to fix the problem (reinstall
    Windows, reinstall motherboard Driver & Utility CD) can't be done. I also
    have a floppy drive that isn't showing up in My Computer but I have a ghost
    floppy drive. This is a new build. I installed XP64 on Sunday. I just
    noticed that the BenQ wasn't in My Computer this morning. I hadn't installed
    the floppy drive yet so I installed it with the hope that My Computer would
    see the floppy drive and "realize" that the BenQ isn't a floppy drive, but it
    didn't help because it isn't recognizing the floppy drive either . . . and I
    didn't get a New Hardware Notice when I installed the floppy drive. I
    checked and double checked all my connections and I went into BIOS/CMOS and I
    set it on the Optimize option. My Computer recognized the BenQ when I
    installed Windows on Sunday and up until yesterday but, when I turned the pc
    on this morning, it didn't. The floppy drive shows up in Device Manager (the
    ghost). The BenQ shows up also but when I click on the +, the drive icon has
    a yellow box on the lower left hand side and it has a black exclamation point
    in it. I tried deleting the controller and rebooting but it didn't help.
    Then these crazy messages when I tried to download the driver! I really
    don't want to download firmware for it because I don't know anything about
    firmware and I don't want to reduce the BenQ to a piece of scrap metal. I
    was hoping that reinstalling the driver would fix the problem. I ran SpyBot
    S&D, Ad-Aware and Windows Defender but nothing was found. I use XP64
    Firewall, pop-up stopper, and phisher turned on. I've pretty much run out of
    solutions to fix this that I know of.
    --
    Denise

    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    Guest, Feb 28, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I just rebooted my computer and when it restarted, I received a message that
    states, "StartService: This driver has been blocked from loading."

    Guest, Feb 28, 2007
  6. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    By BenQ do you mean a BenQ CD or DVD drive? The default driver in XP x64
    should work for it. Same with a floppy drive, the standard drivers included
    should suffice.

    Are there any entries in Event Viewer that might point to a reason for the
    driver being blocked?

    Jane C, Feb 28, 2007
  7. Try this:

    A) Shut down the machine.

    B) Disconnect the device inside (power and signal).

    C) Restart and go into BIOS and disable the device there.

    D) Reboot and check Device Manager that it is not listed.

    E) Check Add/Remove Programs and remove anything that you think is remotely
    connected with that drive.

    Question:

    You were mentioning a Floppy Drive - is that one of the old standard
    internal Floppies, or a USB device? If it's the latter, you probably need to
    disable the Floppy Drive in your BIOS - the USB device should make itself
    known to the system upon Booting.

    My advice is to leave the Floppy out until the rest is up and running.

    Now, before reinstalling the drive and driver I recommend to re-boot several
    times, try and work as normal as possible and make a cold-boot a couple of
    times when it is convenient. When you are satisfied that everything is
    normal, connect the drive again and enable it in BIOS and it should
    re-install itself when you restart Windows. Some devices have a disc with
    their own driver - if so, you need to check the README or Manual, because
    often such a thing requires that you cancel the standard Windows
    Installation Wizard and run the on-disk installer instead -but then,
    sometimes, the on-disk installer is co-operating with the Windows Installer
    and need that to finish first - it is easy enough to mistakenly turn the
    sequence around and end up with the two parts of the drivers not recognizing
    each other, and Windows not knowing wich one to use. (Or whatever?)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 28, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yes, I have a BenQ BENQ DVD DD DW1650 DVD ROM drive. There were no warnings
    or errors when I just rebooted. At around 10:41, I received this message:

    "Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: Userenv
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1517
    Date: 2/28/2007
    Time: 12:41:54 AM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: MYBUILD
    Windows saved user MYBUILD\Administrator registry while an application or
    service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the
    user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is
    no longer in use.

    This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring
    the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account. <-
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

    It seemed that the drivers worked fine for 1 day. I don't know why they
    stopped working. A Driver & Utility Disk came with the motherboard also,
    which I installed. Last night, the BenQ was working. This morning it
    wasn't. The biggest problem is that I can't reinstall Windows because the
    DVD drive doesn't work and I can't install the driver for it.

    The floppy drive that I installed this morning should have worked also but
    it doesn't. I receive messages to insert a disk. When I do and click "OK"
    it tells me to insert a disk. That's the reason I believe it's a ghost
    device. As I said in an earlier post, I never received a notice that New
    Hardware Has Been Detected (I'm not sure if I should have received one for a
    floppy drive though).

    Guest, Feb 28, 2007
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Tony,

    I've been up all night trying to figure this out and it's around 7:30 am
    right now but I wanted to let you know that I read your post and I'll be
    following your instructions later, after I wake up. The floppy is a USB
    device. I didn't get a disk with the BenQ or the floppy. I have a Driver &
    Utility CD that came with the motherboard. When I installed the BenQ, I
    didn't have to do anything to get it to work . . . I just connected the
    cable and plugged it into the UPS. The floppy drive never did anything. But
    the printer installation is very similar to what you mentioned: "cancel the
    standard Windows Installation Wizard and run the on-disk installer instead
    -but then,
    sometimes, the on-disk installer is co-operating with the Windows Installer
    and need that to finish first - it is easy enough to mistakenly turn the
    sequence around and end up with the two parts of the drivers not recognizing
    each other, and Windows not knowing wich one to use. " And I did that last
    night, so it makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, the directions require the
    use of Windows Installation Wizard along with the printers Installation
    Wizard.

    I gotta get some sleep . . . thanks for your advice and I'll let you know
    how it works out.

    Guest, Feb 28, 2007
  10. Denise,

    Let me add, that when you attach your BenQ again and fire up Windows - if
    the installer doesn't come up (and it may take a few minutes!) then, I think
    it would be a good idea to reset the BIOS to 'Default' and put the system CD
    in ( I'm assuming you have one other drive available?) and re-install the
    motherboard drivers, then re-boot - and please tell us what happens then.

    I'm hitting the 'sack' myself, now!

    (snoaaar!)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 1, 2007
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As soon as I installed Windows X64, I installed the motherboard's Driver &
    Utility CD and the DVD drive worked perfectly. I didn't get the floppy drive
    installed until Monday or Tuesday, after My Computer no longer recognized the
    DVD drive. It doesn't recognize the floppy drive either.

    Since this is a new build and the programs that I want to install won't take
    more than about 4 hours to install, I want to format the partition (C drive)
    again. The problem that I'm facing is that My Computer doesn't recognize the
    DVD drive, and therefore it doesn't recognize any disk that I put it in. I
    also went into Disk Management and hightlighted the C drive but the format
    option was grayed out. I changed the Boot Up Sequence and place the hdd as
    the first bootable device. When that didn't work, I changed it to the DVDROM
    drive, but that didn't work either. There's no option for the floppy drive
    to be the first bootable device. The DVD drive and the floppy drive are
    listed in BIOS so somewhere along the line, that info isn't getting to where
    it needs to be so that I can use the devices. I'm fresh out of ideas on how
    I can format the drive.

    Aslo, I'm not sure if I connected the floppy correctly. I used an IDE round
    cable. I connected the end with the little nib on the floppy drive and the
    other end on the FDD1 port (removable floppy drive port). There was no other
    port on the motherboard that had the same number of pins. I turned the cable
    around and the ends upside-down to see if that would make a difference, but
    it didn't. Do you know if plugging the floppy drive into the FDD1 port could
    have caused the problem with My Computer not recognizing the floppy drive?
    There's another IDE port but it has too many pins for the IDE floppy drive
    cable, unless it needs an adapter.

    Guest, Mar 1, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I got everything straightened out. I went into BIOS and changed the boot
    sequence so that the DVDROM drive was first. I put the Windows disk into the
    DVD ROM drive and rebooted. When the machine started up, I was questioned 2
    times if I want to boot up using the DVD. Both times I clicked on Yes. I
    came to a screen to repair or reinstall and I chose reinstall because, from
    past experience, repair goes around in circles at this point. Later on, the
    machine asked if I wanted to repair or reinstall and that was when I chose
    repair. I didn't lose any files, programs or settings and My Computer now
    recognizes my DVD drive again. It didn't recognize the floppy drive so I
    thought that I either had it connected wrong or the cable or drive were
    faulty. I got lucky in that the first thiing I switched was the cable on the
    floppy drive by turning it upside down and the floppy drive works now.

    Guest, Mar 3, 2007