A billion pixels for a billion stars - CCDs for astronomy

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David J Taylor, Oct 11, 2011.

  1. David J Taylor, Oct 11, 2011

  2. Might need 64-bit versions of your software though, and I wouldn't fancy
    carrying the lenses around!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 11, 2011

  3. LOL!

    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 11, 2011
  4. David J Taylor

    RichA Guest

    That company has really taken aerospace (land and sky) by storm, they
    seem to be part of every military and space requirement for CCDs.

    RichA, Oct 11, 2011
  5. David J Taylor

    RichA Guest

    Whew! "Gaia" For a minute I thought it was another one of those
    misguided NASA missions to study C02 or some Earth-bound phenomena.
    Nice to see NASA looking up, instead of down for a change.

    RichA, Oct 11, 2011
  6. David J Taylor

    Irwell Guest

    Had to find that word for a crossword puzzle a few weeks ago.
    Summat to do with the Greek Earth goddess

    Irwell, Oct 11, 2011
  7. David J Taylor

    stbm Guest

    stbm, Oct 11, 2011
  8. Yes, indeed, quite a few areas where we in the UK do very well, if
    quietly. One of the E2V folk posts here from time to time as well and
    it's always interesting to read his posts.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 11, 2011
  9. David J Taylor

    RichA Guest

    I wonder what they do with the rejected units? Unlikely they'd
    tolerate the kind of pixel death you see in say a lower-end Nikon APS
    sensor.

    RichA, Oct 11, 2011
  10. Aw, they just name the stuck pixels as if they were stars...! 8^)
    --DR

    David Ruether, Oct 11, 2011