    prevent the rumble?
    Best regards,
    Dima

    D, Oct 15, 2007

  2. Make sure that your computers power cord is a three prong plug. There is
    the possibility it's not being grounded through the socket, or power strip
    if you are using one of those. In that case try another outlet, and maybe
    plugging the computer in directly rather than through a power strip.

    There's also the possibility of things being grounded in more than one way,
    and then you'd be talking about "ground loops" which become a little more
    difficult to deal with. Stay away from those 3-prong to 2-prong adapters.

    Good luck.

    --
    HTH,
    Curt

    Windows Support Center
    www.aumha.org
    Practically Nerded,...
    http://dundats.mvps.org/Index.htm

    Curt Christianson, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Does your computer run on 60 hz power or 50 Hz power?
    Do you mean HUM or BuZZ rather than rumble?

    Rumble to most of us is the sound that came from our
    turntables when spinning vinyl records. Buzz and Hum come from
    the power lines etc.

    peace
    dawg

    Deputy Dumbya Dawg, Oct 15, 2007
  4. D

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:34:33 -0700, D wrote:

    You had to post this twice?

    rec.audio.pro,
    rec.arts.movies.production.sound,
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,
    rec.audio.pro,
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

    Same group twice and it's not a XP general issue either. Not even Ms
    Windows would inject that into an audio stream for you.
    You measured this how?
    Ah so it's that
    oh no it's not.
    Drivers affect cable runs / the slot the card is in, the monitor (CRT
    types) , other sources of mains induced hum.
    Wait for an answer from the crossposting?

    Try http://www.google.com/ , it's (50Hz hum) is mentioned many times
    w.r.t. sound cards.
    Me

    why?, Oct 15, 2007
  5. D

    Paul Stamler Guest

    By "rumble", do you mean hum? Where are you located? What's the line
    frequency where you live?

    If the "rumble" isn't hum, then it could be a mechanical resonance of the
    computer's case with one of the fans. One way to reduce this is to put
    adhesive pads on the metal case; they're usually sold for dampening rattles
    in cars.

    Peace,
    Paul

    Paul Stamler, Oct 16, 2007
  6. D

    D Guest

    Thanks Cur for your suggestions!

    D, Oct 16, 2007
  7. D

    D Guest

    Thanks Dawg for your explanation!
    My computer runs on 50 Hz power.
    I mean HUM rather than rumble.

    D, Oct 16, 2007
  8. D

    D Guest

    Thanks Paul for your suggestion!
    The line frequency where I live is 50 Hz. I live in Russia.
    By "rumble", I mean hum.

    D, Oct 16, 2007