    about including original sound as well as any modern remix, and it's nice
    that they're making good on their mistake.

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Douglas Bailey

    jayembee Guest

    says...
    Thanks for posting this, Doug. This is good news indeed!

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Douglas Bailey

    Jim Fraas Guest

    i AM GIVING SOME THOUGHT TO GETTING THE three SEASON BOX IN dEC.

    --
    A widescreen edition of a movie presents the film frame as it was seen in
    the movie theater. This is the version that best preserves the filmmaker's

    End of story!

    Jim Fraas, Jul 31, 2004
  4. Back when the _Star Trek: TOS_ season sets were announced, DVDFile
    mentioned in summarising the press release that:
    And I was very pleased about the appearance of the mono soundtracks, and I
    said so here.

    But now there are several reviews of the first-season box out, and they
    suggest that the DD 2.0 tracks are *not* the original mono mixes, but
    merely 2-channel versions of the remixed soundtracks:

    "There are two tracks available for your listening pleasure: a Dolby
    Digital 5.1 English remix, and a Dolby Surround English remix.
    Unfortunately, the original monaural tracks are not included."
    <http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=208472>

    "English Dolby Surround soundtracks are also encoded onto the DVDs..."
    <http://www.thecinemalaser.com/dvd_2004/st-tos-tc1s-dvd.htm>

    "Paramount offers... a Dolby surround (two channel)...remix..."
    <http://dvd.ign.com/articles/541/541923p2.html>

    There are other reviews which don't mention the DD 2.0 tracks at all, but
    none which claim that they're the original mono mixes.

    So DVDFile's information was wrong, it seems, as was my earlier thread
    title. It's a pity: I was really hoping that Paramount would do the right
    thing (as they've so often done on their feature-film DVDs) and include the
    original soundtracks along with the 5.1-channel remixes.

    doug

    Douglas Bailey, Aug 26, 2004
  5. Douglas Bailey

    jayembee Guest

    Thank you, Paramount. You just saved me a whole passle of
    money.

    -- jayembee (trying to look on the bright side of life)

    jayembee, Aug 26, 2004