_broken part#.rar + others...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by choupette, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. choupette

    choupette Guest

    Hi guys,

    Ok, I'm a bird and not really a proper geek yet but trying hard.
    However, I have enough questions to entertain you through the night:

    I tried to upload some big files on certain alt.binaries. groups with
    Xnews but I rarely find a complete part and never managed to locate all
    parts of the complete file (althought I know that a .PAR can help me) =>
    Is that normal or is it just me? => Is news.btinternet.com s****?

    Also, my .PAR files seem to be corrupted : I can't open them with
    FSRaid... I must do something wrong (or news.bt really s****)
    so again, know a good tutorial aka "ladies : how to sort your computing
    life out without having an engineer around" ??

    Is it worth posting those files' type on such a server?
    And if so, is Xnews secure enough (I'm talking about being
    anonymous)(well, as much as I can) What do you think about commercial
    servers?

    Well, if my post get some answers, thanks in advance to the one who will
    help me because even my geek friends got bored with doing everything for
    me trough VNC...

    Cheers!

    choupette, Jan 7, 2005