_60c11ac7.exe & _42fe7987.exe part of Defender update?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by EApplegate, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. EApplegate

    EApplegate Guest

    Excuse the crosspost, but I need as much input as I can get since I
    uninstalled the old MS Giant Anti-Spyware for the new Windows Defender.

    I just found these files in my Documents and Settings area:

    _60c11ac7.exe

    c:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer
    \{76EFAC4F-1712-401F-B2AE-590B170C9BCE}

    & _42fe7987.exe

    c:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer
    \{1B485419-875B-428D-816B-2F6627815D7A}

    Anything to be alarmed about? They are 1 and 2 kb in size.

    EApplegate, Mar 8, 2006

  2. EApplegate

    PA Bear Guest

    PA Bear, Mar 8, 2006

  3. EApplegate

    kurt wismer Guest

    there was a phrase someone used to use in situations like this - i have
    a mostly yellow painting, do you think it's a picaso?

    it's generally not possible to diagnose problems just from filenames
    alone... if you think they might be malware, scan your drive with some
    anti-malware product... if you think they might be malware you
    anti-malware product can't detect, try a different product or send a
    sample to your product's vendor for analysis...

    you could also try uploading them to virustotal
    (http://www.virustotal.com)...

    kurt wismer, Mar 9, 2006