9E0-541 Access routing & Lan switching specialization

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Thomas Kuborn, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Thomas Kuborn, Jan 6, 2004

  2. I passed this and it is a bastard. Tip number one is to forget the
    blueprint on the website - it is bullshit. Teh test is not that technically
    difficult - rather you have to know many different models of
    routers,switches and all their modules etc. Bullshit big time. There are
    no resources other than the free to use Cisco Partner E-learning connection.
    www.cisco.com/go/pec
    Your employer should be able to get you access if you are a partner or
    reseller.
    There are some on line videos there that are very useful.

    Look for some of the contributions in the netpro certifications section on
    cisco.com. I have conributed as kirkster. I am a CCIE and failed the first
    time I took the access routing exam. My colleague, another CCIE also has
    failed it twice. The subject range it covers is vast. The only way to
    prepare for it is to lock yourself in a room for a week and just browse
    Cisco's web site taking lots of notes and looking at the modules and
    specifications of every router from the 800 series through to the 7600 and
    switches from the 1900 up to the Cat 6513. Oh, and you also need to know
    all the usual routing and switching stuff too!!!

    Good luck.
    Email me on and I can send you some stuff.
    remove the "dot" and xxx to revel the address.

    Steve
    CCIE #11330

    Balin, Son of Fundin, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Thomas Kuborn

    Thomas Guest

    Hey Steve,

    I've sent you a private mail ! thx for your post !

    Thomas

    Thomas, Jan 7, 2004