    Has anyone seen any of these titles, and know of any noteworthy entries in
    this series?

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Sep 22, 2004

  2. I bought the man who knew too much (peter lorre) and it wont play on a
    dvd player (dvd shrink says it has a incompatible structure) I bought
    the Ozzie and Harriet (v2) and dvd shrink shows no audio file (and, of
    course, no sound in any of our players) I also bought Make room for
    Daddy, and it works just fine.
    I bought these at Deals, btw, but they show up as "dollar" on dvd
    shrink.

    Dyuob Poltice, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Stephen Cooke

    Mr. Mortis Guest

    I bought "Dementia 13" at one of those stores. It played, which is
    the best that can be said about it.

    Mr. Mortis, Sep 23, 2004
  4. Stephen Cooke

    Stan Brown Guest

    I saw them a few weeks ago. Some old Jimmy Stewart movies, as I
    recall.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read
    text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    Stan Brown, Sep 23, 2004
  5. Stephen Cooke

    Nick Guest

    In the UK we have £1 ($1.79) shops that sell 3 films on one dvd for £1.
    Someone of them are really good

    Nick, Sep 23, 2004
  6. Stephen Cooke

    Jeffy3 Guest

    I didn't buy any but I was surprised to see them at a local dollar
    store the other day. They had tons of them and they come in cardboard
    sleeves. I saw some Dick Van Dyke show episodes, Gunsmoke, a lot of
    public domain type movies

    Jeffy3, Sep 23, 2004
  7. Stephen Cooke

    P Pron Guest

    Which ones in particular?

    paul

    P Pron, Sep 23, 2004
  8. Stephen Cooke

    karlpov Guest

    Whole lot of PD TV shows, a few movies. I considered the Sherlock
    Holmes, Long John Silver and Robin Hood discs, but wound up only with
    that last. I have all three of the Ronald Howard Sherlock Holmes
    episodes on various other discs from a half-dozen companies (wish
    someone would just put out a comprehensive set), and all three of the
    Long John Silver eps were on a two-disc Platinum Disc Corp.
    compilation I'd just bought at Best Buy. Of the three Robin Hoods, two
    seem to be otherwise unavailable on DVD. Wretched quality, but
    watchable, and I never expect much from TV shows this old.

    The discs sell for $1 at the Wal-mart checkout counter. They're put
    out by Digiview Productions, which has one of the stupidest web pages
    I've ever seen (digiviewus.com). The DVDs are made in Taiwan.

    Of the movies, if you don't have D.O.A. (original Edmond O'Brien), you
    might want to pick it up for a buck. Just don't expect a
    Criterion-level transfer.

    karlpov, Sep 24, 2004
  9. Stephen Cooke

    Herbert West Guest

    I just bought a replacement DVD burber (liteon 812s) agt Walmart, and
    on a lark, I bought a couple of those, including DOA, to check it out.
    I also bought a couple Dragnet discs.

    Everything played, but the Dragnet disks appeared to have had altered
    soundtracks! Weird silence, and a certain riff of music that didn't
    belong in the show that repeated was inserted at critical moments.
    (The altered soundtrack seemed pretty much what you'd expect in a
    oriental grade "b" production).

    I kept DOA, but recycled the Dragnet DVD's due to the cruddy
    alterations to the soundtrack.

    Herbert West, Sep 27, 2004