    Canon is having a fit of camera announcements.
    Check out www.dpreview.com news front page for announcments of all, with
    pictures...

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005

  2. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Ya, I know... Also 7 new threads from me regarding Canon today...sheesh.

    Clearly the biggest digital new of the quarter, however, so live a little...

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005

  3. Mark²

    Frank ess Guest

    Mr Amazon.com will accept your pre-order for a 5D to be released 15
    November 2005. $3,299. I'm excited. Now, where's my garage/yard sale
    equipment?

    Frank ess, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    That will have to be a rather l-a-r-g-e garage sale, Frank.

    And where are those song lyrics, BTW?
    :)

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005
  5. Mark²

    Frank ess Guest

    Song lyrics? Song. Lyrics.

    Oh yeah. Old Timer's strikes again.

    Old Mickey Brinnigan had a bull pup
    And a-fighting he'd never give up
    Did ever you see such a wonderful dog
    As Old Mickey Brinnigan's pup?

    He got in a fight down the street one day
    And he fought with his mouth open wide
    He swallowed the dog and all four of his feet
    And choked on his tail 'til he died

    Oh a tar rar rar and a ki yi yi

    Frank ess, Aug 23, 2005
  6. Mark²

    Guest Guest

    Hi Canon management reading this...

    Here, let me put it in plain clear English :

    ***** 3 INCH SCREEN ******

    Thanks for your attention

    Guest, Aug 23, 2005
  7. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Copied to file.
    I have a particular fondness of songs about dogs.
    I'm sure my two dogs, Bubba and Beans will love hearing me screech a made-up
    tune of that one on my 8 string uke. :)
    Where's that one from?
    I'll be looking for more...

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005
  8. Just in time for the upcoming holiday gift-giving season, although there's
    no law against you giving yourself one.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Aug 23, 2005
  9. Mark²

    Frank ess Guest

    A little google yielded:
    http://sniff.numachi.com/~rickheit/dtrad/pages/tiMICKPUP.html

    I remember distinctly the words I wrote down. Typical of "traditional"
    songs, lyrics change from one singer (and even one rendition) to the
    next. "Folk Songs of the Catskills..." Weren't the Catskills a known
    performer magnet? I suppose the collection site can be continents away
    from origins. Although my Granddad was a Mormon missionary in the
    South and elswhere out East, and could have picked his songs up
    anywhere.

    One of the songs I'm remembering is "The Cat Came Back", which I have
    actually heard from a record, some time in the early 60s. I'll bet
    that is a productive set of search terms.

    Frank ess, Aug 23, 2005
  10. Mark²

    ASAAR Guest

    Ooh. That reminds me of a shorter one some relatives (very young)
    used to sing, about Michael Finnegan, who grew some whiskers on his
    chinnegan. Anything like that in your collection?

    ASAAR, Aug 23, 2005
  11. Mark²

    Confused Guest

    I *hate* the Christmas season. It starts earlier every year.

    Jeff

    Confused, Aug 23, 2005
  12. Mark²

    Darrell Guest

    Canon today announced they are discontinuing the 5D. They will announce the
    5D mk.II on September 2

    Darrell, Aug 23, 2005
  13. Mark²

    Confused Guest

    Is the mk2 worth the wait?
    Or should I take advantage of lower 5D price now...

    Confused, Aug 23, 2005
  14. Mark²

    ThomasH Guest

    Are you ok, you are shaking! Butthanks to the reliable
    Canon shake stabilization you will be all right! :)

    ThomasH, Aug 23, 2005
  15. Mark²

    Skip M Guest

    What, 2.5" isn't enough for you? And where do you propose our buddies at
    Canon put the controls on the back to make room for this 3" screen?

    Skip M, Aug 23, 2005
  16. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Nah... Just a fast typist...

    What's a butt hanks, BTW?
    :)

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005
  17. Mark²

    PcB Guest

    <<One of the songs I'm remembering is "The Cat Came Back", which I have
    actually heard from a record, some time in the early 60s. I'll bet that is a
    productive set of search terms.>>

    If this is the same "The Cat Came Back" that *I'm* remembering then I know
    that Rolf Harris released a long-playing vinyl record with said song
    included on it here in the UK. This would be around early seventies,
    '72-ish.

    --
    Paul ============}
    o o

    // Live fast, die old //
    PaulsPages and galleries are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

    PcB, Aug 23, 2005
  18. Make it a touch-screen? Uh.... scratch that thought, if you use the
    optical viewfinder and have even an average-sized nose.

    Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
    If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

    Louise Bremner, Aug 23, 2005
  19. pixel diarrohea?

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Aug 23, 2005
  20. Mark²

    Polly Pentax Guest

    Enough of the Bog Irish songs, already!

    'When Irish eyes are smiling,
    It's because they've found a bin
    And they'll creep back there at midnight
    To plant explosives in"

    I'm sickened by the current enthusiasm for celebrating the 'culture' of a
    nation of thieves tinkers, and terrorist murderers - what we need are a few
    contemporary songs about the Irish - 'Paddy at the end of a rope', for
    example.

    Polly Pentax, Aug 23, 2005