88 cent dvds at Walmart

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JJ, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. JJ

    JJ Guest

    I done just bought me some of them there 88 cent dvds at walmart.

    Beverly HillBillys Volume 2
    Jd's Dilemma
    The Clampetts get culture
    Jed Saves the Drysdale's marriage

    and Volume 3

    The Clampetts strike oil
    The Clampetts get settle (sp)
    Meanwhile back at the cabin

    While the classic theme song is absent the video quality is nice
    enough for me and there are no annoying logos visible.

    I think I actually picked up some episodes I didn't already have.
    I'll be looking out for Volume 1

    Some other dollar titles I picked up

    Ronald Regan in "This is the Army"
    Betty Boop & Friends : Be Human
    The Fast and the Furious (from the 1950s looks like)
    Felix the Cat: Nepture Nonsense

    I also need to visit some of the other dollar dvd places, especially
    Targe.

    Jay

    JJ, Mar 6, 2005

  2. JJ

    mimus Guest

    Lowest level they reach around here, far as I know, is the old two-
    for- eleven- dollars bin, whence I've gotten _The Breed_, _Miss
    Firecracker_, _Amos 'n' Andrew_ and _Weekend at Bernie's_, as well as
    several lesser titles, like _Earth Girls Are Easy_ (with its one good
    scene, or maybe two) and the old drive- in classic _Frogs_ (wish they
    had _Squirm_).

    mimus, Mar 6, 2005

  3. JJ

    Stan Brown Guest

    Look for DVD's in a tray near the checkouts. Each is packaged in a
    flat cardboard sleeve and shrink-wrapped. These are the 88-cent
    ones the OP was talking about (except they were 12 cens mre the
    last time I noticed them at the local Wal-mart.) I haven't bought
    any.

    Dollar stores around here have had them for months.

    Stan Brown, Mar 6, 2005
  4. JJ

    Tarkus Guest

    And Papa John's Pizza.

    Tarkus, Mar 6, 2005
  5. JJ

    Donald Link Guest

    You need to get a life.

    Donald Link, Mar 7, 2005
  6. JJ

    drmark7 Guest

    Dollar DVDs are a growing trend, for about the past year. You'll find
    them everywhere from the dollar store to the grocery store. Some are
    the same old trashy public domain prints that have been cirulating on
    home video for years. Others are **surprisingly** good. For a watchdog
    group on the subject try here:

    Questions?/Comments? * This Has Been e-mail From:
    "Dr. Mark" Hill * The Doctor Of Pop Culture /*/

    *_*_*

    drmark7, Mar 11, 2005
  7. Don't knock it as I have found some pretty good titles in the $5.50 bin
    over the last few months like The Big Red One and Hard Times and The
    Italian Job (the MC version), with the latest one being Eastwoods
    "Firefox" to name a few!
    As for them $.88 El Cheapo DVDs ($1.00 in my area) well I got one
    (Beneath the 12 Mile Reef) to see what they were like, and I found out
    that it was so Faded and Fuzzy that I threw out the disc and replaced
    it with a copy of 12 Mile I made in my Pioneer 220 (which was at least
    ten times better in quality)!

    tabernacle2002, Mar 13, 2005
  8. JJ

    Stan Brown Guest

    I've pretty much stoped looking. About one visit in four I find a
    title that's worth $5.50 to me, but then I check the case and it's
    fullscreen.

    Stan Brown, Mar 13, 2005
  9. Funny only about one in three I pull out of the $5.50 bin have been
    Fullscreen (and most times this is due to the fact that it only is
    available in Fullscreen to begin with) as usually if I look carefully I
    can find either a widescreen version (like the Firefox edition is for
    example) or a dualee version with both formats on the single disc in
    the bin!
    Could be you find more Fullscreens as this is likely due to the fact
    that most of the "Good Titles" you do end up finding in the bin are
    either there because of overstocks or closeouts so your store may just
    simply have more of those formats leftover?

    tabernacle2002, Mar 13, 2005
  10. JJ

    Stan Brown Guest

    Very interesting -- now what question was that an answer o, and who
    is "you"?

    "Quote it right"
    http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#quote

    Stan Brown, Mar 14, 2005
  11. JJ

    John Doe Guest

    That's inventive.

    John Doe, May 10, 2005
  12. JJ

    Justin Guest

    Way to resurrect a 3 month old thread.

    Justin, May 11, 2005
  13. JJ

    Luhan Monat Guest

    I've had no problems with the 30 cent ones from PC Club.

    Luhan Monat, May 11, 2005
  14. JJ

    John Doe Guest

    X-No-Archive Troll